User Avatar Image

Ash's voice actor?

posted by FlotsamX on - last edited - Viewed by 3.7K users

Who voices Ash in the Poker Night 2 trailer? Lots of people are saying it's not Bruce Campbell, but I can sorta hear him. It's been 22 years since Army of Darkness came out, after all; his voice was liable to change.

74 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yeah, its not Bruce. It almost sounds like Kid Beyond imitating Bruce.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

As I said elsewhere, I'm not entirely sure it isn't Bruce Campbell.

It's definitely not his current regular speaking voice as heard on Burn Notice. But, since this Ash is supposed to be from Army of Darkness, it's possible that he's either changing his voice himself to sound younger or Telltale digitally changed his pitch to make him sound younger like they did with Claudia Wells in Back to the Future: The Game.

• @Jennifer said: As I said elsewhere, I'm not entirely sure it isn't Bruce Campbell.

It's definitely not his current regular speaking voice as heard on Burn Notice. But, since this Ash is supposed to be from Army of Darkness, it's possible that he's either changing his voice himself to sound younger or Telltale digitally changed his pitch to make him sound younger like they did with Claudia Wells in Back to the Future: The Game.

I don't think it's him and I don't understand why they didn't use the original. It's total sacrilege.

• @Kainchild said: I don't think it's him and I don't understand why they didn't use the original. It's total sacrilege.

Exactly... like the current voices of Sam and Max.

• @lattsam said: Exactly... like the current voices of Sam and Max.

You're never gonna give that a rest, are you?

• @lattsam said: Exactly... like the current voices of Sam and Max.

dead-horse.gif

As for Ash's voice, maybe they couldn't get Campbell because he'd be too expensive? Or, I dunno, maybe it really is him, it's hard to tell for sure from that one clip. He did voice Ash in all the other video games, didn't he?

• @BlankCanvasDJ said: dead-horse.gif

As for Ash's voice, maybe they couldn't get Campbell because he'd be too expensive? Or, I dunno, maybe it really is him, it's hard to tell for sure from that one clip. He did voice Ash in all the other video games, didn't he?

Yes, a long time ago THQ did a trilogy of Evil Dead games, all of them with Bruce Campbell as Ash.

And while Poker Night is a pretty low-key project, that's the kind of stuff Bruce Campbell prefers doing. Doubly so if Ash is involved.

• A friend suggested to me that it could be scheduling problems with Burn Notice. If that's the case, I hope they patch his voice in at a later date when he's got some free time :I

• It may also be why they've not said anything, as they still hope to get him before the game is released. This is one reason why Telltale's method of operating is a good thing as it allows literally last minute additions to a project.

• Bruce Campbell just did a commercial shilling the new Evil Dead movie. If he's got time for that, he's got time for this.

Add Comment