User Avatar Image

Curse of Monkey Island Special Edition

posted by Noname215 on - last edited - Viewed by 4.8K users

I would kill to see this made. Who is with me?

82 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The best way to skip that conversation is to use CTRL+W.

    In fact, you can skip every conversation in the game with it! It's just so darn handy!

  • Resurrecting this thread just to make a suggestion that nobody here seems to have made yet, so here goes. After playing Daedalic Entertainment's Deponia, I was amazed by the high res art and it reminded me of something..Curse. Imagine if LucasArts (in a perfect world) hired Daedalic to redraw the Curse art in HD for a special edition while also updating the cutscenes to a more crisp playback? Honestly, I think that would be amazing.

  • @OzzieMonkey said: Imagine if LucasArts (in a perfect world) hired Daedalic to redraw the Curse art in HD for a special edition while also updating the cutscenes to a more crisp playback? Honestly, I think that would be amazing.

    Why would they do that when they turned down the actual artists who did them originally? :p

  • @Ash735 said: Why would they do that when they turned down the actual artists who did them originally? :p

    Maybe to rub salt in the wounds of the original artists? Wouldn't put it past LucasArts (or Disney I guess) to do that out of pure evil.

  • Maybe they should let Telltale re-do Escape From Monkey Island.

  • @Noname215 said: Maybe they should let Telltale re-do Escape From Monkey Island.

    Give Mike a chance to redeem himself then? :p

  • Personally, I feel that 'Escape From Monkey Island' is a decent enough game up until you get to Monkey Island itself and then the game became a piece of garbage...

    * Herman Toothrot's true identity (which makes no sense continuity wise and also reeks of Star Wars prequel syndrome - everything and everyone is connected!)

    * The lava log ride puzzle (having to repeatably attempt to grab the object, fail and go all the way back to the church to try again = irritating game design)

    * The boulders puzzle (doesn't feel at all at home in a Monkey Island game)

    * Monkey Kombat (no explanation required, though at least the PS2 version improved upon it I suppose, or at least made it slightly less time consuming)

    * The giant monkey robot (which besides being stupid and out of place within the universe, was also a continuity issue; what happened to the underground caverns from the first game?!)

    ... All of the last fourth of that game was horrendous. I'd sooner spank my monkey with a cutlass than play that section again!

  • @St_Eddie said: Personally, I feel that 'Escape From Monkey Island' is a decent enough game up until you get to Monkey Island itself and then the game became a piece of garbage...

    Heh I've always held that opinion as well. I hope the PS2 version comes on PSN PS2 classics one day.

    89031_full.jpg

  • @coolsome said: ...I hope the PS2 version comes on PSN PS2 classics one day.

    Aye, that would be pretty cool. I love having a collection of downloaded games, ready to play on my PS3 at anytime. As far as adventures go, I've only got 'MI:SE', 'MI2:SE', 'Tales of Monkey Island' and 'Strongbad' (oh, plus 'Stacking' and 'Costume Quest' if they count).

    Having 'Escape' on there too would be great, crappy last act and all.

  • @St_Eddie said:

    * The giant monkey robot (which besides being stupid and out of place within the universe, was also a continuity issue; what happened to the underground caverns from the first game?!)

    You're wrong on this count. The giant monkey robot was the original intended ending of the first Monkey Island game, and was also originally the intended secret.

Add Comment