User Avatar Image

TWD S3 Episode 16 "Welcome to the tombs" Discussion

posted by Saoralba131 on - last edited - Viewed by 356 users

I thought this episode was not as good as it could have been,but what are your thoughts?

24 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I just want somebody to cut Rick's arm. He's not badass enough!

• Contains Massive Show Spoilers, for Season 3 AND 2, proceed with caution:

Andrea's death didn't mean much to me, Merle's hit me worse, I even felt more for Milton, than for Andrea, even though Andrea was part of the original season 1 cast. It was a very... sad scene though. This episode was not bad, just no good season ending. Season 2's ending was great, if I may quote hershel: "When Christ promised the resurrection of the dead, I just thought he had something... different in mind." And the Shane scene, where Andrew Lincoln's acting was incredible, it was so fucking intense, when he yelled towards Shane: "This was YOU! not MEEEh! YOU did this to US - NOT MEEEEh" after stabbing the shit out of him. Merle's death was great either, and if they had delayed it to episode 16, maybe the finale would have been better.

I hoped the Governor would finally go down, coughing blood, and die, or that the group would move on, they're stretching that woodberry thing too much, (haven't read the comics yet.) and they're keeping the Governor character for too long, he probably won't die until the mid season break of Episode 4, because then they probably will give us the showdown we wanted NOW. But alright, not my call - they'll see the feedback on the show-forums.

• Same! I definitely felt Milton had a stronger showing in the finale than Andrea.

• @Clemmy1 said: they should be,it was AWFUL

I wouldn't say it was awful, but the episode definitely didn't live up to the makers of the show saying that after the screen went black at the end, millions of jaws will drop. I hope they re-hire the writers they fired from the previous seasons and save the show from being an absolute disaster.

• @Pickles312 said: Hershel mowing down a herd with his infinite ammo shotgun in "Beside the Dying Fire" wasn't badass enough?

it's like when Hershel lost his leg he got really old (or at least started acting really old) i just recently re watched from dusk till dawn and Jacob reminded me of hershel before he lost his leg

600px-996DTD_Harvey_Keitel_008.jpg

i want hershel to go all holy badass again, i think milton and Andrea's death were a bit of an anticlimax, and i just think karl is a psycho and rick should at least tell him off, the only redeeming part was that rick is turning back into a good guy that saves people

• Oh man, if the show was the same as the comics then a lot of people would've been dead already..
    Anyways, I was really expecting Andrea to redeem herself by killing the governor but instead she was killed by a single walker. I mean she got attacked by 2 walkers by being strangled by another walker, and she was able to get out of that =.= I honestly thought they were going to make comic Andrea similar to TV Andrea, but I was way off xD

• By normal episode standards, it was great. For a finale? I was expecting a lot more.

They should have given them a two hour proper finale.

• Another strange thing about the prison battle is that, if I remember correctly, Glenn and Maggie missed everyone. That doesn't make sense. They were ambushing a bunch of people who were completely bunched up together. They had the element of surprise for a long enough time to basically mow down a shit ton of people. I think the Governor was the only one who managed to shoot back after a few seconds.

• @double_u said: Another strange thing about the prison battle is that, if I remember correctly, Glenn and Maggie missed everyone. That doesn't make sense. They were ambushing a bunch of people who were completely bunched up together. They had the element of surprise for a long enough time to basically mow down a shit ton of people. I think the Governor was the only one who managed to shoot back after a few seconds.

I noticed the same thing. Especially made it kinda funny (to me, anyway) when Karen calls it a slaughter later; I was just thinking "What? They're down like, one person".

But yeah, they should've atleast hit somebody; only thing I can think of is they don't exactly have a lot of experience shooting (relatively) quick moving targets. The only person that they seemed to really be aiming for was the Governor himself, and as soon as they started firing on him his guys managed to keep them suppressed.

Add Comment