941 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @puzzlebox said: Meta-prank. The joke is, it's not a joke.

Fixed it for ya. ;)

Couldn't resist.

Multiplayer could work a rather easily from the design standpoint, actual coding would however take a while (obviously.) Still it does not really fit for this game.

Though it would be hilarious have Max or GLaDOS take a spot as an player.

• Yeah, Sam's looking a bit weird here, what's going on?

• @ryannumber1gamer said: I know this is a small thing but why did TTG decide to change Sam's suit from blue to black? I'm just wondering since in almost every Sam & Max thing i have seen (Which would mean some episodes of the cartoon, S&M Hit the Road, and S&M Seasons 1-3 and it seems weird to change it now :/

Because it worked so well for The Spirit.

Actually, I always thought Sam's suit was meant to be gray, it just took on a light blue tint in bright light. So naturally it would take on a darker tint in the Inventory's new darker lighting.

• I'd assume both in animation as well as the original LucasArts game, grey would really look awful, which is why oftentimes you don't see true grey on most (old) games and cartoons, mostly either khaki or blueish.

• I say thanks to Puzzle and Hobo for the response. I'm okay with the single player, and should be great fun XD
    The Omaha Style is something good for a new challenge

• @wellgolly said: Telltale Employees, may I ask what your idea of who "The Player" is supposed to be?

Are they supposed to be their own character, since they've apparently been around since your first card game?
    Now that they're dragging loot around to multiple other games, I guess the implication is also that they're you, the person controlling whatever characters you control in any game.

But now non-video game characters are here, so I guess it extends outside of just games.

Am I ever not playing as The Player?

This shit is giving me an existential crisis.

The Player is you. Official canon is that you did very well in Poker 1, by the way. Nice job.

Sam's new model may take a minute to grow on you, but I'm repeatedly blown away by how much closer to Steve Purcell's drawings he looks when he's shot from all sorts of interesting angles. It makes the old Sam look cheesy as all heck, and I really like old Sam!

Sam's suit is only really blue in Hit the Road, probably because as said above it would look really boring in a 2D game with no lighting. In the comics it's always drawn grey, tinted a little by the color of the light in the room Sam's in.

• User Avatar Image
    ttg_Stemmle Telltale Staff

@Jake said: The Player is you. Official canon is that you did very well in Poker 1, by the way. Nice job.

Sam's new model may take a minute to grow on you, but I'm repeatedly blown away by how much closer to Steve Purcell's drawings he looks when he's shot from all sorts of interesting angles. It makes the old Sam look cheesy as all heck, and I really like old Sam!

Sam's suit is only really blue in Hit the Road, probably because as said above it would look really boring in a 2D game with no lighting. In the comics it's always drawn grey, tinted a little by the color of the light in the room Sam's in.

What Jake said. One of the wishlist items we had for PN2 was "get Sam's model even closer to his Purcellian roots." When I compare THIS Sam model to the one were using in the late, lamented Freelance Police game, it fair boggles my mind.

Of course, my mind is boggled with an alarming frequency.

Mike "still trying to work out the rubberized Kirby perspective guns" Stemmle

• @ttg_Stemmle said: What Jake said. One of the wishlist items we had for PN2 was "get Sam's model even closer to his Purcellian roots." When I compare THIS Sam model to the one were using in the late, lamented Freelance Police game, it fair boggles my mind.

Of course, my mind is boggled with an alarming frequency.

Mike "still trying to work out the rubberized Kirby perspective guns" Stemmle

By the way, speaking of the Freelance Police game, when are you going to get the rights to it from LucasArts/Disney?

• So are you guys going to make a bigger trailer for Poker Night 2, like with Poker Night 1?

For example, you guys made the teaser for Poker Night 1 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOUUjSJa1gQ

But then you released the REALLY snazzy trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6HN3TsI8cw

Are you going to do something similar for Poker Night 2? Or, since it's coming out late this month, are you just going to leave it as it is? I'd assume you'd want to make another one to announce the release date, other platforms, and price. Plus, it'd be great to hear some character quotes.

Add Comment