User Avatar Image

If you kill a walker and its teeth land on your skin does it count as getting bitten?

posted by aaron1290 on - last edited - Viewed by 610 users

COMPLETE EDIT :

In episode 3 when the walker grabbed hold of Duck and Katjaa, I did not see a chance for the walker to bite duck, only when the walker fell on duck that was the only time the walker even touched him because katjaa was holding the walker... This has made me think that maybe dead walkers can infect you too? So if Carl kills a walker and their teeth lands on Carl will Carl get infected too?

31 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @saladdays said: So let me make sure I understand. Is everyone infected with the zombie "virus" that will ultimately turn them into zombies once they die? And a zombie bite is just highly infectious, and will kill someone from infection, but won't necessarily turn someone to a zombie by itself?

The bite apparently kills everyone, and those that die turn, no matter what. It doesn't matter if the bite doesn't cause you to turn, since 'everyone' is infected, meaning when you die, you will turn. Getting bitten only kills you(as far as we know).

• It's easier to not explain it as a virus. Everyone turns regardless. Bites don't transmit anything special, but the infected wounds of a zombie bite will kill you in hours. And like anyone - even those who die in a sterile environment - the bitten ones will return.

• @Master of Aeons said: It's easier to not explain it as a virus. Everyone turns regardless. Bites don't transmit anything special, but the infected wounds of a zombie bite will kill you in hours. And like anyone - even those who die in a sterile environment - the bitten ones will return.

I find it much easier to explain it as a virus. Then we can just say the bite is a sort of adrenaline boost to the virus already residing within every human, giving it enough strength to overcome the host while it's still alive(it's normally too weak to do this until they're dead).

• @Mornai said: I find it much easier to explain it as a virus. Then we can just say the bite is a sort of adrenaline boost to the virus already residing within every human, giving it enough strength to overcome the host while it's still alive(it's normally too weak to do this until they're dead).

Sure, if that's the way you think sickness works. Viruses aren't programs waiting for conditions to be met. What you're describing is still magic.

• OK. That's what I thought. I just wanted to confirm what the standard was in the TWD world.

I think it would be interesting to find someone who is somehow immune to the infection caused by a zombie's bite.

Do we know from where the zombie virus originated, or is like much zombie fiction in that it is just mysterious?

• @Master of Aeons said: Sure, if that's the way you think sickness works. Viruses aren't programs waiting for conditions to be met. What you're describing is still magic.

If it can bring a corpse to life in the first place, it's obviously not as simple as a common cold. There's some suspension of disbelief you need to have in zombie apocalypse scenarios.

It could be man made or from another planet, where it wouldn't be bound by the petty laws of everyday illness on Earth.

• @saladdays said: OK. That's what I thought. I just wanted to confirm what the standard was in the TWD world.

I think it would be interesting to find someone who is somehow immune to the infection caused by a zombie's bite.

Do we know from where the zombie virus originated, or is like much zombie fiction in that it is just mysterious?

Zombie fiction. Kirkman stated he didn't want to go into details of the such, and focus more on the drama and all that. So... I don'y expect any answers as to how it came about.

• @Mark$man said: Zombie fiction. Kirkman stated he didn't want to go into details of the such, and focus more on the drama and all that. So... I don'y expect any answers as to how it came about.

Fair enough.

• @Mornai said: It could be man made or from another planet, where it wouldn't be bound by the petty laws of everyday illness on Earth.

tumblr_m5beqsiIAr1qz5njno1_1280.jpg

Really this is just the kind of thing to file under "Best not thought about". :p

• Hehe, good old History Channel meme never fails to disappoint!

Add Comment