User Avatar Image

TWD TV - That Season 3 ending...

posted by Phil_TWD on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users

I honestly was expecting the governor (Philip) to be killed but nope, Andrea, that kid, the crew who was with him pretty much were all dead because of him or his actions.

It was unsatisfying and this is Andrea's fault mainly, because if she had slit his throat while he was asleep only he would have died.

Oh yeah, since they were awaiting them at the prison they could've locked them down and shot them all like a bunch of walkers, and/or throw grenades to blow them up if they had any left.

100 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well, since there are no laws in a zombie apocalypse I can't judge Carl for shooting, but I still think that it was the wrong call.

My guess is that in season 4 Carl will be the one to shoot the Govenor, since he doesn't afraid to kill a human anymore and he himself looks forward to killing, but I will be disappointed if Carl will survive in the future season. Just my personal opinion.

• @Alex Tail said: I think you are wrong here. Yes, the kid was told to drop his weapon, but he didn't even had a chance to do so. If someone points a weapon at you, you don't just drop it. You do everything slowly, because as we know in situations like this you can't do any sudden moves. He was handing a shoutgun with one arm and there's no way a kid could shoot his weapon in any fast way.

What is more, Hershel was the one who told the kid to drop his weapon and he was armed, therefore it was his call to shoot or not, not Carls.

Yeah, I agree that Lori did a terrible job as a mother in season 2. Yet I feel that Rick has no control over Carl anymore, and that's bad.

As said, the kid had ample time to do what he was told and instead kept his weapon pointed in their general direction with his finger near the trigger while still moving toward them. Generally speaking, if an act would pass legal scrutiny today, I'm inclined to think it should probably get a pass in a post-apocalyptic world too.

And it's not like grade school either, just because Hershel called shotgun (pun definitely intended) doesn't mean he's the only one that gets to decide to shoot him or not.

It may have just been a stupid mistake for the kid to decide to "surrender" like that, but it's a case where giving him the benefit of the doubt can easily end up with one of your own dead. And as long as he has a weapon in hand, it's a chance you can't really afford to take. Even if I personally believed he was legitimately surrendering and was willing to bet my own safety on it, it'd be downright irresponsible of me to wager the safety of the other people I'm with.

• I think he was truely surrendering, considering the look on his face and the fact he luckily ran into them. I think it wasn't a good call to shoot the kid, but it wasn't to have him with a gun in his hands like that. I think they should have told him again "DROP IT" and threaten that they'd shoot otherwise. I just don't think shooting the poor kid was right, although it was fair in this world, and it was the right protocol to kill those armed. That's my opinion.

• @Rommel49 said:
    And it's not like grade school either, just because Hershel called shotgun (pun definitely intended) doesn't mean he's the only one that gets to decide to shoot him or not.

What I meant to say was, Hershel is older than Carl. As Rick is the group leader, Hershel was a leader of their 2 men group (if that makes seance) So it wasn't who called shotgun, but who's making choices. And it wasn't up to Carl to make the choice.

• I also tend to think that Carl just wanted to kill someone, as that was the objective of eliminating the threats.

Although the kid with the gun was scared he didn't drop or put it down, he just kept it on his arms. I'm sure the kid would have killed some of Rick's people if he had the chance to (other than meeting with Carl & Hershel), so Carl in the end did what was for the best.

Too bad he didn't kill the governor, but the governor would've killed Carl & Hershel in a blink of an eye just like he did to that guy who aimed a gun at him.

Carl's going to become one hell of a shooter without mercy.

• @Phil_TWD said: I also tend to think that Carl just wanted to kill someone, as that was the objective of eliminating the threats.

Although the kid with the gun was scared he didn't drop or put it down, he just kept it on his arms. I'm sure the kid would have killed some of Rick's people if he had the chance to (other than meeting with Carl & Hershel), so Carl in the end did what was for the best.

Too bad he didn't kill the governor, but the governor would've killed Carl & Hershel in a blink of an eye just like he did to that guy who aimed a gun at him.

Carl's going to become one hell of a shooter without mercy.

The guy was Allan, Ben's(the kid that took the shot for the Governor and that Merle killed basically twice as he also ate him while undead)father, who was at the prison with Tyresse and Sasha and his dying wife. He wasn't prepared to kill the Governor, and who'd think(besides us :D) that the Governor would still point a gun at him ans kill him?

• @Rommel49 said: Likewise. I tended to place blame for the way he was in Season 2 on his mother though; Lori just couldn't keep an eye on the kid.

Carl definitely made the right call in shooting the kid. As I said in the other thread, the kid was told to drop his weapon and he didn't. It's one of the first things I was taught in basic, as long as somebody's armed, they're still a combatant. If somebody (particularly somebody that was just shooting at me or my buddies) has a weapon pointed anywhere even remotely in my general direction, I'm not taking chances.

Hell, we even see how that scene with the kid could've gone like five minutes later, when the governor looks like he's about to surrender to Allen.

you are clearly wrong, it was murder

• Andrea is alot more likeable in the books, they really dropped the ball with her in the show, so much so that the big emotional ending they were trying for was a complete failure because I have not heard of anyone caring that they killed her on the show. I still love the show but I was expecting a bigger season ending than that.

• I wouldn't so much call it "murder" as it was the wrong call. I don't think that Carl wants to hurt anyone, he's just seen what happens when you let someone live. Andrew lived, and came back and caused events that killed two members of the group, including Carl's mother. Rick didn't kill The Governor at the meeting, so he came to the prison with an army and put Carl in that situation. I think that Carl made the wrong call, but he never really wanted to hurt or kill anyone just for the fun of it.

• @Rock114 said: I wouldn't so much call it "murder" as it was the wrong call. I don't think that Carl wants to hurt anyone, he's just seen what happens when you let someone live. Andrew lived, and came back and caused events that killed two members of the group, including Carl's mother. Rick didn't kill The Governor at the meeting, so he came to the prison with an army and put Carl in that situation. I think that Carl made the wrong call, but he never really wanted to hurt or kill anyone just for the fun of it.

i think he did want to kill someone, he wanted to prove a point that he could and also (probable because he is scared) he thinks killing people that may be any kind of threat is the best option, but obviously it isn't, it not only morally wrong it is also just not the smart thing to do to kill everybody you meet, he may have ended it it a spectacularly bad way but the governor built up a community and you can't do that if you just kill everybody

Add Comment