User Avatar Image

If The stranger different

posted by hjwoolwine on - last edited - Viewed by 752 users

Whats up everybody.
If the stranger was more "together" or "normal"...not a psychopath who talked to a walker head in a bowling ball bag, would you have considered Clementine going with him an option?
I personally wouldn't have. F that dude and his self righteous attitude.
His kind of character is my problem with the show. (i haven't seen the show sense the season 2 break so maybe its different) Everyone talks like they have had it the worst. Like no one else has lost people. Everyone in the show( i.e. Rick) kept saying how they've had to do terrible things, and see terrible things to survive. Everyone that was still alive has seen messed up stuff. Everyone has to be more careful and more on their guard.
That's why you don't leave all your food out in the open, in a car that's wide open, with the lights on. He was blaming Lee and others for what had happened to him instead of taking responsibility and trying to make things better. Just trying to hold on to the past by stealing a little girl and recreating his family.
Any way I wanted to know what other thought? should Lee have always protected and stayed with Clem no matter what or was she better off with others?
sorry for spelling and grammar.

43 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Virtumonde said: She and i can be a family... i know how to be a father.
    Says the guy who locks up kids in a closet.

And lost his own two, and said he'd rather shoot her himself than letting her go with us, great father - just another sicko or weirdo.

• You guys are pretty rough on the Stranger. He's not a sicko or a weirdo, he simply snapped and became crazy. He used to be a decent guy who made a mistake and lost everything. The reason he kidnaps Clementine and yells at Lee for the decisions hes made is because it reminds him of his own mistakes that made him lose everything. I felt incredibly sorry for what he had become. I never felt he was a monster, just a broken man who lost his sanity. I didn't even want to kill the guy, simply disarm him so he was no longer a threat. I would never hand Clementine over to him and I believe that even he, somewhere deep inside, knew he wasn't capable either. It was just a heartbreaking moment, especially considering all that happened to catch up to the guy.

• @DrPudding said: You guys are pretty rough on the Stranger. He's not a sicko or a weirdo, he simply snapped and became crazy. He used to be a decent guy who made a mistake and lost everything. The reason he kidnaps Clementine and yells at Lee for the decisions hes made is because it reminds him of his own mistakes that made him lose everything. I felt incredibly sorry for what he had become. I never felt he was a monster, just a broken man who lost his sanity. I didn't even want to kill the guy, simply disarm him so he was no longer a threat. I would never hand Clementine over to him and I believe that even he, somewhere deep inside, knew he wasn't capable either. It was just a heartbreaking moment, especially considering all that happened to catch up to the guy.

It's not the kidnapping that makes him a sicko and/or weirdo, it's the fact that he severed his wife's zombified head, carries around in a bag and talks to it.

Lilly is an example of someone who snapped and became crazy, but wasn't a mental psycho. The stranger is indeed a monster. Maybe he wasn't before the apocalypse, but the moment when he sliced the head off of his wife's corpse was the point of no return.

• @Mornai said: It's not the kidnapping that makes him a sicko and/or weirdo, it's the fact that he severed his wife's zombified head, carries around in a bag and talks to it.

Lilly is an example of someone who snapped and became crazy, but wasn't a mental psycho. The stranger is indeed a monster. Maybe he wasn't before the apocalypse, but the moment when he sliced the head off of his wife's corpse was the point of no return.

I considered his wife's head to be a very disturbing way to cope with the pain he had suffered. He kept it to convince himself that everything was still okay. It's not like he happily murdered his wife and kept her head. He found her dead, snapped, lost touch with reality and kept the head to avoid his pain. It reminds me of Hershel and how he kept zombies in his barn, foolishly hoping that one day they could be cured. Do we consider Hershel a mental psycho? He snapped out of it with the help of others. I feel like the Stranger could have too if he wasn't all alone. Even with the head, I guess he just didn't come off to me as a psychotic monster.

• I think he only went crazy because he was going through the worst kind of hell there is, thinking back how I felt in episode 5, I feel sympathy for him. I wanted to kill the son of a bitch, who I thought had taken Clem from me, and I think that is just the same thing he wanted to do. Kill the son of a bitch, who he thought had taken his kids from him. I understand why he did what he did, though clearly he went nuts, there was no way I'd leave her with him.

• @Sotter said: Imo, campman's stupidity exceeds Ben's. I mean what person with a functional brain, would leave his son alone in a ZA just to learn hunting and then leave his stuff and his car in the WIDE open while starving people are roaming all around for foud and safety?! Well, Einstein seems to be right. Human stupidity is indeed infinite.

I'm not sure it's ever said he left his son alone (atleast deliberately); the stranger "took him hunting" and "came back without him" - we don't really know what happened in between those two events.

I can also sorta understand why he'd leave his car like that. He might not have known there were other people in the area (Lee and company didn't until they ran into them). Out of gas in the middle of the woods at night? If you need to leave it, you'd want it to be where you can find it... and typically speaking, I'd generally consider it a fairly safe bet that most people aren't just wandering around the woods at night during the zombie apocalypse... hell, I actually make fun of Chet in Episode 1 for that "yeah, this dude just what, walks home in the middle of the night during the ZA? Really?" :p

• Mr. Campman, you can only have Clementine over my dead frickin' body.

^ Pretty much sums up my feelings for him.

• If he weren't talking to severed, reanimated heads while trying to shoot me in the face for something I didn't do?

Still nope.

• Not liking the guy wasn't the point, the fact that you could tell Lee was probably going to die in a few minutes with no one to help Clementine get out of the city was.

I never wanted to give Clem up to anyone else, but Lee was going to lose her one way or another; out of desperation, I did consider it. Of course this was before the stranger went from appearing to be depressively unstable to completely delusional.

Add Comment