User Avatar Image

Introduce Yourself!

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 76.6K users

Just about every forum I've seen has had an introduction thread, and with the new licenses bringing in so many new faces, I feel ours should be no exception. This thread is for new members to introduce themselves and say hello. If you guys like, it can also be for old members to introduce themselves to the new members.

And yes, I'm aware that we already had this thread two months ago, but after the way that one went, I felt a blank slate was in order.

Well! Guess I'll get the ball rolling!

Greetings! I'm GuruGuru214, though most call me Guru. I've been here for around a year and a half, and at the moment I believe I have the 5th highest post count among active posters (behind Avistew, Rather Dashing, Jake, and Irishmile). This means that I talk a lot but not necessarily that I have a lot to say. :D Needless to say, I could very well be the mod who spends the most time on here.

I also started the longest running thread on the forums back before my modship, which is something that fills me with both pride and shame, depending on what's going on in there at any given time.

I've been a gamer for as long as I can remember and own every Nintendo console there is.

th_DSC03361.jpg

See? I also own the full Telltale library, with the exception of Texas Hold'em. Once a year, you'll find me running the Great Monkey Island Race and the Great Sam & Max Race, a speed run competition through every game in each series and a whole lot of fun. Other times, you might find me on other crazy exploits, like running the entire Kingdom Hearts series in chronological order, or cataloging my game collection and then attempting to beat all the games I never finished.

I like to think I'm easy to get along with, as long as you're a reasonable person. Don't look for trouble and we should get along just fine.

Welcome to Telltale! Enjoy your stay and don't cross me! :D

317 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@IllusiveBroker said: Greetings to one and all, I'm the IllusiveBroker. I myself was a Telltale fan from when they introduced the Wallace and Gromit game series. I know what you're probably thinking is that it's a strange way to get into these games with that title. But to be honest I actually enjoyed them, it might be because I'm British and love Wallace and Gromit but it may be other things too.

Welcome. :D I loved Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures too. It's one of my favorite Telltale series. :)

• Being honest, I only played Episode 1,2 and 4 as I didn't really like the look of Muzzled. But thanks :D

• Aight - my turn:

Hey everyone, my name is Daniel, and I'm a game'o'holic.

Okay a bit more maybe?:
    I appreciate a good game, mostly if they have great characters and atmosphere, gameplay is less relevant to me. I try to be as serious and nice as I can, discussing games, though like probably every other normal person of course I love jokes too.
    I'm born and I live in Germany, but originally my family's from the old soviet union,
    hence my English is not the best, hopefully you guys understand me anyways.
    What else is there to say? I'm spending a shitload of time on this great forums and love to discuss The Walking Dead game, the game that brought me here in the first place, and my favourite game now. After like 5 years it kicked Fallout 3 from the top of my list, now it's only fav game #2.

Fav. game: The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series
    Fav. movie: Goodfellas - directed by Martin Scorcesese
    Fav. music: N.W.A. mostly / occasionally games' OSTs and every now and then some
    Johnny Cash, Frank Sinatra etc.

Doesn't fit together - does it?

Think that's 'nuff said.

• @Jennifer said: Welcome. :D I loved Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures too. It's one of my favorite Telltale series. :)

It was one of the most overlooked and forgotten Telltale games but is still one of my favourites and is also the reason I found Telltale so in a way is my favourite as without it I would have never discovered Sam and Max or Monkey Island...

• Hi My Name is Neil Jones and this is my message to the company I would love to work for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIXG6nOFN-4

• Ah man... how long has it been since I was last here? The First Walking Dead Episode? Right, I'm StinkomanFan. I used to regular the SBCG4AP boards and the Poker Night Board as well. Well, I'm back! For now at least.

• Hi, I am the Walrus and my return will last about a day.

• @Plisken said: Hello sexy people! Let's be honest; there's no other kind of people on the Telltale forums.

I'm Zach. I'm here to annoy you all. Well, and to make friends. And to talk with some Sam & Max and Monkey Island fans around here, for once. I'm a fledgling author. Hope to see you guys around and makes some new friends!

@Plisken said: Welcome! Fire Exits are located here, here and here.

Also, there are plenty of budding authors on this site. Give this thread a read.

Hope to see you around!

Oh yeah. I'm the guy who just had his full manuscript accepted. Now the final step of the waiting game is in action.

• I forgot to introduce myself properly earlier...I'm Meda. I live in the U.S., and I'm a newbie to adventure games for the most part. Poker Night introduced me to Sam and Max, and now I adore the guys. So far, I've played a little of Season 3, and I'm getting into the cartoon. I plan to also pick up the comics at some point, if I can.

I'd really love to get into the animation or gaming industry, but I'm not sure how close I am to my dream just yet.

• Hi, Medacris. I really like what little I've seen of your art so far (assuming I don't have you confused with someone else).

Add Comment