User Avatar Image

How Do You Feel About Telltale's Direction?

posted by Alcoremortis on - last edited - Viewed by 3.5K users

Just like the good old days, back when a simple discussion of who the best male and female users on the forum were could turn into half the people here changing their avatars to eyevatars... and still seem perfectly natural.

I miss those days.

293 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @corruptbiggins said: So people aren't happy because Telltale are doing new things and will continue to do so instead of keeping a certain subset of fans happy by making old things newer using nostalgia as a method of forward planning?

People aren't happy because they love adventure games; they came here initially because Telltale was making adventure games; and now Telltale seems to have all but left them out in the cold. These people had hope that maybe TTG might come back to making games for their original fanbase, even briefly, but Telltale has all but confirmed that they couldn't care less.

All that's left now is to ruin the forum community, by changing to that God-awful mess that was shown in beta, in order to slam the door in our faces.

• @SHODANFreeman said: I'm not happy because the games they make now are mindless drivel for the LCD.

Walking Dead certainly wasn't that and if you think that then you're just being bitter.

I can give you BttF & JP as they on the whole blips on the path to where they are now. I doubt that the driving force of the future of Telltale Games will be based on those two games.

@SHODANFreeman said: People aren't happy because they love adventure games; they came here initially because Telltale was making adventure games; and now Telltale seems to have all put left them out in the cold.

All that's left now is to ruin the forum community, by changing to that God-awful mess that was shown in beta, in order to slam the door in our faces.

Like I said, people seem to expect them to stay the same and that is unfair. Let the company grow and experiment.

I agree with you about the forums though, if the beta becomes a reality I'm leaving.

• Sorry it comes down to this but I am leaving this forum.

Telltale Games is no longer the Telltale Games that I joined back in 2007. They no longer make proper point and click adventure games that I can play without violating my conscience. I have no interest in playing games that contain foul and vulgar language like the walking dead series.

The Law and Order series that wasn't a true game, to be honest I felt ripped off by it. No real puzzles, nothing.

Back to the Future a massive let down. By the way I never downloaded episodes 3 to 5.

It is a pity that Telltale have gone downhill.

So goodbye people it was fun while it lasted but am moving on.

:(

• I really would like to be able to know where everyone is going to go if/when it happens. I like our community, and so wouldn't want to be left wandering the interwebs looking for where my friends have gone off to.

• Go to the Double Fine forums. It's lots of fun there- for now.

• I'm only on the Double Fine forums for DFA stuff. Rarely venture outside the Backer zone.

I wonder if it's worthwhile making a fans forum (that is if anyone is still a fan of Telltale) or something more general.

• Well, my home away from home is currently myth-weavers at the moment, but I think if everyone started flocking away from here, I'd go hang at Doublefine for my gaming conversation needs.

• I only have here and NeoGAF. And NeoGAF is the easiest place to get banned on I have ever seen. So I don't know. I wanted to be around the Double Fine forums, but the community is so big I figured I couldn't get my voice heard amongst it, so I don't post.

Add Comment