User Avatar Image

How Do You Feel About Telltale's Direction?

posted by Alcoremortis on - last edited - Viewed by 3.9K users

Just like the good old days, back when a simple discussion of who the best male and female users on the forum were could turn into half the people here changing their avatars to eyevatars... and still seem perfectly natural.

I miss those days.

293 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • We can go there and make a Telltale refugee thread in General Chat until we find our feet.

• Don't forget to write! Wait...

• @corruptbiggins said: Goodbye, whoever you are!

this makes me laugh. :)

• No need to be rude, folks. I appreciate (if not entirely share) your feelings, daro2096. I hope that you can find a new forum (and games) that suit your tastes better soon enough.

• @Alcoremortis said: We can go there and make a Telltale refugee thread in General Chat until we find our feet.

You can bet then that if no one else does this, I will.

If Telltale changes their forums, of course.

• I'm cautiously hopeful that Fables will attract a better user base than The Walking Dead did. It doesn't take much to like a zombie TV show, but people attracted to a non-superhero comic might be a bit more refined. I guess we'll see, but yeah, if you all abandon the Telltale forums, there won't be much keeping me around here anymore, either.

• So with the recent announcement that King's Quest is finished, and Telltale won't be pursuing any licenses like it and Monkey Island again any time soon, but are looking to modernize the genre, many people have been pushed to the point of jumping ship here and it's pretty much become Mega Butthurt Day on the forum.

So what now? Will you be jumping ship? If so, where?

Will you stay on? If so, why?

How do you feel overall?

Instead of taking up the other threads, let's discuss it here in a more contained place where we can kind of keep track of each other and such. Oh, and I'm selling pitchforks and torches if anyone needs some.

• @Chyron8472 said: All that's left now is to ruin the forum community, by changing to that God-awful mess that was shown in beta, in order to slam the door in our faces.

A few questions...

* What did the new layout look like? Would anyone happen to have a screengrab at all?

* Do we know when's the switchover's happening?

* Will old threads and posts be deleted once the switchover has taken place?

* Would you like any toast?

• @GuruGuru214 said: Which is why I said we basically knew. Sure, nothing had outright spelled it out, but the puzzle pieces were all there.

xyn.jpg@GuruGuru214 said:
    A few questions...

* What did the new layout look like? Would anyone happen to have a screengrab at all?

* Do we know when's the switchover's happening?

* Will old threads and posts be deleted once the switchover has taken place?

* Would you like any toast?

http://beta.telltalegames.com/

• I'm not leaving, absolutely not. No matter the state of Telltale, these forums are filled with such nice people and I keep coming back here because of that fact alone. I still look forward to Telltale's future endeavors and I will continue to be here for the foreseeable future.

Add Comment