User Avatar Image

Who do you think was the most/least helpful group member?

posted by ZeroShoot on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

hey i'm just curious what you think about which group member was the most/least helpful.

I think Carley (if you chose her) was the most helpful member, since she saved my ass almost half a dozen times. Clem was helpful too, because she got us into some buildings like the Mansion or to the blowtorch in the station, and depending on your choices protected Omid or maybe even saved Molly.

I think Ben was the least helpful member of the group, because depending on who you blame for whose death he caused quite some. i partly blame him for 7 deaths, don't guess anyone could beat that :D

91 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Mark$man said: ^maybe... lol and I think Carley mean't to kill Andy, but missed(sorta). That is why if you look at her face, she's so shocked xD. My thinking of it is "Oh, shit! Oops..."

Or is like, "....... I missed?" lol, she has a reputation as a dead-eye so missing would have been a shock to her, as well as Lee who overcame his momentary shock to wrestle with Andy

• User Avatar Image
    mz3

Carley chuck lee and clem were most helpful.
    ben duck and larry were Least helpfull.

• Everyone was helpful save Ben who was detrimental and Duck who was...Duck. But, I'd say Lee, Carley, and Clem were the biggest contributors while Larry and Duck were the lowest contributors.

• @Mark$man said: Actually he kinda gives up. Kenny died/got split from the group trying to save Ben when he was dying, couldn't be saved, and walkers were closing in.

I don't its giving up
    I thought that initially but as my subs said he just wanted to be with his family again
    However there are rumours that he's still alive
    I dare not hope that just in case it is all just a rumour :(

• @The Girl From Aus said: I don't its giving up
    I thought that initially but as my subs said he just wanted to be with his family again
    However there are rumours that he's still alive
    I dare not hope that just in case it is all just a rumour :(

Aus... Lol that means giving up basically. And I don't mean it entirely, just the fact that it was unnecessary and lee and the others needed him. I know he kinda felt alone.

It's not a rumor, it's speculation. Even Gavin hammon, Kenny's Voice actor, said to keep hopes up for Kenny's return, because Kenny at one point actually died; it was clearly made.

I hope he returns, but we shall see. Don't give up on him :P

• If we are talking about least useful it has to be Duck
    He did have his part in the death of Shaun, himself and his Mother as well as making Kenny a depressed Alcoholic
    Ben obviously caused by trouble but at least went on watch and helped with the basics whilst Duck was just a Kid

Most useful I'd say would be Lee as he pretty much worked out all the puzzles and in the end did all of the work...

• @Mark$man said: Aus... Lol that means giving up basically. And I don't mean it entirely, just the fact that it was unnecessary and lee and the others needed him. I know he kinda felt alone.

I think "giving up" grossly oversimplifies Kenny's feelings during the Ben scene. He had been drinking, he was emotional, probably mentally exhausted, his (possibly best) friend was bitten, the boat was gone, Clementine had been kidnapped and Katjaa and Duck had only died like two or three days ago. It's really a marvel he was holding up as well as he did.

I think mostly he stayed behind with Ben because his consciousness was weighing heavy on him at the time. You talk him down on the train and he reveals he thinks Duck getting bitten was because he killed Shawn and with the time he spends in the attic reflecting on a lot of what happened he probably reached a mental breaking point where he became fed up with how shitty everything was and simply just wasn't going to accept the reality of it anymore.

Kenny spends a lot of the game talking about how important it is to do the hard thing and turns into a real ass in a lot of the later episodes. But in the last one with the talk in the attic, figuring out Christa is pregnant (watch his eyes when Christa drinks, he clearly pieces it together), Ben blowing up on him and seeing the suicidal couple, I think he realized how unhappy he was with a lot of his decisions and wanted to do something to change it.

Arguably, in the Ben scene, he really picked one of the worse times to be noble, but it wasn't him simply giving up. If that was the case he wouldn't have hesitated to shoot Ben and would have just waited for the walkers to eat him. Instead he does try to fight them off and we see him run off after shooting Ben. He wasn't thinking clearly and picked a fight he couldn't win, but he was still fighting.

• I know what you are saying, and I agree. I just meant the way he out was like he was giving up, because he chose a battle that was not in his favor, and left the group in dire straints. I do agree with you, though.

• @Hudomonkey said: If we are talking about least useful it has to be Duck
    He did have his part in the death of Shaun, himself and his Mother as well as making Kenny a depressed Alcoholic
    Ben obviously caused by trouble but at least went on watch and helped with the basics whilst Duck was just a Kid

Saying Duck caused Shawn's death is one thing, but condemning him for getting bitten at the inn and his parent's proceeding reactions?

Ever heard of victim blaming?

• Facepalm... The most helpful ones there were Lilly, Lee, and Kenny. The least helpful was probably Carley (I'm not counting Ben, that one's too obvious). What exactly did Carley do that was so helpful? When everyone else was doing something productive, all I saw was her sitting on her ass. And not to mention every single time the group had to make an important decision, she'd start whining then proceed to exit the scene. Big help Carley! Sure, she saved Lee a few times. But so did Lilly, and so did Kenny. Saying that Carley was the most helpful is clearly a biased statement..

Add Comment