User Avatar Image

TWD TV - That Season 3 ending...

posted by Phil_TWD on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

I honestly was expecting the governor (Philip) to be killed but nope, Andrea, that kid, the crew who was with him pretty much were all dead because of him or his actions.

It was unsatisfying and this is Andrea's fault mainly, because if she had slit his throat while he was asleep only he would have died.

Oh yeah, since they were awaiting them at the prison they could've locked them down and shot them all like a bunch of walkers, and/or throw grenades to blow them up if they had any left.

100 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Alex Tail said: I just can't see it how people find Carls' action the right call. The kid was pointing the gun the other way. It was only one kid that was scared. Why would a kid try to pull of anything? It's a kid we're talking about here, not some badass warrior that knows how to pull out a stun and get away with it.

    Apocalypse or no, if you fired first - it's a murder. If you fired second - that's a cross fire. Police would not shoot if the suspect would not follow orders on the first command. They would give second one, then the third one if needed. And if that wouldn't help, they would start a slow approach to the suspect. If a suspect tried to pull anything, they would shoot his foot or hand, they wouldn't go for a kill. It's all about neutralizing not eliminating.

    Because if Carl made the right call, then the Govenor isn't wrong for killing all his people. They disobeyed him so now he shouldn't take any chances with them.

    The shotgun was still pointed in their general direction, look at the scene. Hell, you can make a better case for the governor surrendering to Allen - his weapon was pointed at the ground. Remind me how that went for Allen again. Incidentally, this is what surrendering troops look like:

    GBD-417_1991_Iraqi-troops-surrender.jpg

    Note the lack of shotguns among the guys with white flags.

    There's also a saying that fits well here: "The best swordsman in the world doesn't fear the 2nd best swordsman in the world, he fears the worst swordsman in the world because he can't predict what the idiot'll do". Besides which, people who underestimate enemies tend not to make it long.

    And I'm not sure where you're getting your information about police procedure; I'm pretty sure if somebody's stupid enough to have a firearm pointed in the general direction of the police, they're permitted to ventilate the guy with no further ado.

    The people that take a chance on a guy with a weapon pointed in their general direction, who had just taken part in an attack against them tend to be called Darwin Award winners.

  • Again, we're going off the real thing here. Carl shot the kid not because his weapon was or wasn't pointing at him, not because the kid was approaching or running away and not because the kid did or didn't dropped his weapon. He shot the kid, because he thought that if they would let him live, the kid would go back to Woodbury making the Govenor come back and cause more deaths (or something like that)

    Clearly the soldiers surrendering and the kid surrendering are two VERY different things..

    My father is a police officer.

    The kid didn't really taken any part of attack. He was running to attack ,maybe, but he didn't even got a chance to explain himself. The call Carl made makes him no better than the Govenor. Why? Because Carl didn't gave that kid a chance. Just because someone caused his mother death, doesn't mean that everyone in the world are like these people.

    What if there was another group of people that were actually friendly? And that kid was a part of it and not with the Govenor? So now, by shooting the kid just like that, Carl has threaten them all with another group (obviously that isn't true) but they didn't gave the kid a chance to explain himself.

    If you stumble upon a problem, you think before acting. You don't find solution of one problem and consider it a solution to everything.

  • ^That's your opinion. Doesn't mean it's fact ^

  • @Alex Tail said: I just can't see it how people find Carls' action the right call. The kid was pointing the gun the other way. It was only one kid that was scared. Why would a kid try to pull of anything? It's a kid we're talking about here, not some badass warrior that knows how to pull out a stun and get away with it.

    He doesn't need to be a badass warrior, just dumb and/or desperate enough to try to pull a fast one.

    And it's true that he might be scared, but it is quite possible that that fear could be precisely what drove him to pretend surrendering. The Governor has basically been filling the townsfolk with all sorts of propaganda about how crazy Rick's group is. Even Karen initially called Rick's group a bunch of crazy psychos.

    So, shotgun kid might be thinking that Rick's group might torture him for awhile , execute him anyway, etc. etc. In other words, if the Governor have really gotten into his mind, shotgun kid might decide that he had nothing to lose by pulling off a stunt.

  • Okay, so I've had a discussion with my father today(more family time and a great family topic haha) But yeah, I got a few things wrong (I guess I've imagined whole swat team surrendering one guy, funny) He said that in the real life situation there are a lot of different factors that would change the scenario, but in almost all cases police officer would shoot if suspect would act the same way as the kid(since you cannot allow armed suspects approach closer to officer, etc.. etc..)

    I guess that a bit of emotions and dislike for Carl made me think otherwise. Heh, sorry guys!

  • @Alex Tail said: Okay, so I've had a discussion with my father today(more family time and a great family topic haha) But yeah, I got a few things wrong (I guess I've imagined whole swat team surrendering one guy, funny) He said that in the real life situation there are a lot of different factors that would change the scenario, but in almost all cases police officer would shoot if suspect would act the same way as the kid(since you cannot allow armed suspects approach closer to officer, etc.. etc..)

    I guess that a bit of emotions and dislike for Carl made me think otherwise. Heh, sorry guys!

    No need to apologize! It was a good discussion, and you did try to give reasons for your point of view.

  • @double_u said: He doesn't need to be a badass warrior, just dumb and/or desperate enough to try to pull a fast one.

    And it's true that he might be scared, but it is quite possible that that fear could be precisely what drove him to pretend surrendering. The Governor has basically been filling the townsfolk with all sorts of propaganda about how crazy Rick's group is. Even Karen initially called Rick's group a bunch of crazy psychos.

    So, shotgun kid might be thinking that Rick's group might torture him for awhile , execute him anyway, etc. etc. In other words, if the Governor have really gotten into his mind, shotgun kid might decide that he had nothing to lose by pulling off a stunt.

    That too. From Carl's position, he wouldn't even necessarily know that the assault on the prison was already over.

    When it comes to war (and that's basically what it was), for the most part, any notion of sportsmanship goes right out the window. You get one life and no continues, at no point are you required to let somebody attempt shenanigans... hell, there's examples of what happens when you do within the show itself: when Rick was handing over his pistol to Shane in the 2nd season (which resulted in Shane getting stabbed to death) or the example I've cited earlier where the Governor ends up shooting Allen in the face.

  • @thestalkinghead said: oh look a murder http://youtu.be/VJ10p51NHUI

    If you want to repeat the same thing over and over without responding to the points others have raised, then fine. But if you're ever in a situation where you need to surrender, don't copy Jody.

Add Comment