User Avatar Image

Tales of Monkey Island Season 2 Speculation and Suggestion Thread

posted by Important-Looking Pirate on - last edited by Jennifer - Viewed by 19K users

When's that scheduled for then? :D

564 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I must admit, I am surprised he's survived 5 whole games. It was great having Largo, the cursed ring, Mandrill and De Singe as secondary villains to diversify the plot.

• I've just replayed ToMI and enjoyed it as much as the first time I played, a couple of years ago.

O am a little torn re@ development of a 'sequel' or just the next set of Tales in the franchise, as I really enjoyed Walking Dead (BTTF much less so).

I also have an undeveloped idea for a Monkey Island MMO game... No idea how it would work - I mean you could have archetype characters like Pirates, Voodoo practitioners. Maybe with a skill system that incorporates Insult Swordfighting or Cartography? :D

It's a weird concept and one that I doubt has much in the way of commercial legs. Plus, would I really want the beautiful Caribbean game-world to be overrun by sunlight-fearing 10 year olds, shouting 'PWN!' at me and trading for Phat Lewt? Unless they featured the lemonade-stand/arms dealer from Curse... of course. That could be fun.

Anywho, I doubt very much that another Tales... is going to be produced when there is much already on the development board. But I do hope that one day Guybrush returns.

• Ouch. That makes it sound suspiciously like "the direction they want to go" is away from everything I've ever loved about them. I hope I'm interpreting that wrong. What I love about Telltale is that they make *adventure games*, which no one else really does now. There are countless places I can turn to if I want action shooters or RPGs; that's not what I want from TT. Here's hoping that's not what they mean... I haven't played TWD (no interest in it), but it looks like it's less adventure game and more action-oriented.

PS: This is supposed to be in response to MightyPirate's post; even though I clicked reply on his post, it doesn't seem to have made any notation of what I was replying to in the post, so I wanted to clarify.

• @Daeghrafen said: Ouch. That makes it sound suspiciously like "the direction they want to go" is away from everything I've ever loved about them. I hope I'm interpreting that wrong. What I love about Telltale is that they make *adventure games*, which no one else really does now. There are countless places I can turn to if I want action shooters or RPGs; that's not what I want from TT. Here's hoping that's not what they mean... I haven't played TWD (no interest in it), but it looks like it's less adventure game and more action-oriented.

PS: This is supposed to be in response to MightyPirate's post; even though I clicked reply on his post, it doesn't seem to have made any notation of what I was replying to in the post, so I wanted to clarify.

This forum isn't rendered in tree form (although I believe it's in the planned changes), so the best way to do this is to quote.

As for the rest of your post, TTG don't appear to have any plans to make any shooters or RPGs. They look to be focussing on story (which they have always done) and replacing puzzles with create-your-own-story decisions. That's what TWD had and it looks as though Wolf Among Us will do too.

• won't happen disney owns the right to monkey island now and we all know they won't do anything with it cause they never give what fans want just buy up rights and never do anything with them

• i am so looking forward to this game :)

• @christiaanvanleeuwen said: i am so looking forward to this game :)

We'll see a sandbox "Back to the Future" first.... :(

• As the Monkey Island franchise got, according to my understanding, transferred over to Disney as a part of LucasArts, I cannot but to wish that they won't neglect the opportunity to make a Monkey Island game. I hope they'll use at least parts of the original MI crew, like Ron Gilbert, Purcell and Michael Land.

• TOMI is a very good game. It really impressed me a lot, maybe I was expecting something not so good because I didn't like so much the Escape from MI. I particularly guess the story closes in itself. The cliffhangers only give a way to develop it and will be a waste not to use them.

Add Comment