User Avatar Image

Who do you think was the most/least helpful group member?

posted by ZeroShoot on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

hey i'm just curious what you think about which group member was the most/least helpful.

I think Carley (if you chose her) was the most helpful member, since she saved my ass almost half a dozen times. Clem was helpful too, because she got us into some buildings like the Mansion or to the blowtorch in the station, and depending on your choices protected Omid or maybe even saved Molly.

I think Ben was the least helpful member of the group, because depending on who you blame for whose death he caused quite some. i partly blame him for 7 deaths, don't guess anyone could beat that :D

91 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @k1ngMe said: Facepalm... The most helpful ones there were Lilly, Lee, and Kenny. The least helpful was probably Carley (I'm not counting Ben, that one's too obvious). What exactly did Carley do that was so helpful? When everyone else was doing something productive, all I saw was her sitting on her ass. And not to mention every single time the group had to make an important decision, she'd start whining then proceed to exit the scene. Big help Carley! Sure, she saved Lee a few times. But so did Lilly, and so did Kenny. Saying that Carley was the most helpful is clearly a biased statement..

Not counting Lee, Carley kills the most walkers of any character in the game. That's so unhelpful. ;)

• @k1ngMe said: Facepalm... The most helpful ones there were Lilly, Lee, and Kenny. The least helpful was probably Carley (I'm not counting Ben, that one's too obvious). What exactly did Carley do that was so helpful? When everyone else was doing something productive, all I saw was her sitting on her ass. And not to mention every single time the group had to make an important decision, she'd start whining then proceed to exit the scene. Big help Carley! Sure, she saved Lee a few times. But so did Lilly, and so did Kenny. Saying that Carley was the most helpful is clearly a biased statement..

She saves Lee's life how many times? She saves duck from Andy, shoots the bandits allowing the group to recover. As for the big decisions she initially gets involved but gets tired of Lilly and Kenny's constant arguing. So she decides to let them sort it out themselves as she is tired of trying to keep the peace. Also she has the highest zombie kill count behind Lee. So yeah I think she was very helpful. :)

• @Mikejames said: Saying Duck caused Shawn's death is one thing, but condemning him for getting bitten at the inn and his parent's proceeding reactions?

Ever heard of victim blaming?

I understand but you could say the same about Ben is it really his fault someone broke his agreement with the bandits etc
    The people who are the least useful are often the least useful after they die because they create a void which only causes trouble.

For example you could argue Larry was the least useful because only after he died did Lilly become paranoid
    Just like Ben even if accidental Duck did cause pain and suffering

It is just as fair to blame Duck as it is to blame Ben
    (If I was in the Walking dead I would definitely be the least useful and would probably get everyone killed)

Do you actually, know, who Lilly and Carley are? Because your descriptions of them actually make it sound like you've mixed up their names.

• @Hudomonkey said: I understand but you could say the same about Ben is it really his fault someone broke his agreement with the bandits etc
    The people who are the least useful are often the least useful after they die because they create a void which only causes trouble.

For example you could argue Larry was the least useful because only after he died did Lilly become paranoid
    Just like Ben even if accidental Duck did cause pain and suffering

It is just as fair to blame Duck as it is to blame Ben
    (If I was in the Walking dead I would definitely be the least useful and would probably get everyone killed)

You can't really blame someone for what they didn't do after a death that wasn't their fault. It's like me saying you don't deserve commendations concerning your job during your funeral because you couldn't make it to the office the following Monday.

The reason the agreement with the bandits was broken was because Ben went out of his way to keep it a secret. If he had explained from the start the group would have known to either abandon the inn or at least ration accordingly before shooting someone for being a traitor; and that was only Ben's first mistake.

• Most - Lee.
    Who could have being the most useful would have been Glenn. Thing about it, if he had stayed he would have being going out stealthily getting supplies and stuff like he did in the TV Show, and also like he did to get the gas in Episode 1.
    Least - Most people say Ben, but I'm actually going to say my favorite character: Kenny.
    He was quite useful Episode 1 and 2, fixing the RV and stuff, apart from letting Shawn die. But after Katjaa and Duck died, Kenny was a train wreck, and was not reliable or useful.
    Ben on the other hand actually tried, being on watch and everything. He even held the bandits off from attacking!(If he didn't give the supplies, bandits would have attacked anyway) So Yea, Lee and Kenny.

• @Mark$man said: ^maybe... lol and I think Carley mean't to kill Andy, but missed(sorta). That is why if you look at her face, she's so shocked xD. My thinking of it is "Oh, shit! Oops..."

Where was Carley when Andy was about to kill Lee against the fence? Either he had to get out of the situation by himself or Lily would shoot him (and also miss).

• ^Carley was the one who shot Andy the first time in the ear. That is what gets Andy off guard long enough for Lee to tackle Andy into the picket fence. If you save Doug, he uses a laser pointer.

In the electric fence scene, I guess they just forgot she was there xD Where was Doug? :P

• Well, Kenny got shot, so maybe she went over to help? Heck, she might have even gone inside the house to see if anyone was in there that could help Andy. Or maybe, the more likely scenario, she pulled up a lawn chair, grabbed a bucket of popcorn and began to watch.

Add Comment