User Avatar Image

TWD TV - That Season 3 ending...

posted by Phil_TWD on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

I honestly was expecting the governor (Philip) to be killed but nope, Andrea, that kid, the crew who was with him pretty much were all dead because of him or his actions.

It was unsatisfying and this is Andrea's fault mainly, because if she had slit his throat while he was asleep only he would have died.

Oh yeah, since they were awaiting them at the prison they could've locked them down and shot them all like a bunch of walkers, and/or throw grenades to blow them up if they had any left.

100 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @thestalkinghead said: oh look a murder http://youtu.be/VJ10p51NHUI

Jody is a fine example of how not to surrender. What he should have done is thrown down his shotgun and start crying while saying "I didn't want to hurt anyone! They forced me to join them, blah blah blah..."

It's probably for the best that Carl shot Jody. Things didn't go so well for their last prisoner (Randall).

• I always hated Carl, and this only cements that rage. At least he's bearable in the comic(barely).

• @Phoenix VII said: If you want to repeat the same thing over and over without responding to the points others have raised, then fine. But if you're ever in a situation where you need to surrender, don't copy Jody.

ok then the kid ran away from the fight, he had 2 guns pointed at his head, he said he was surrendering but he slightly hesitated because he was terrified, i would say moving quickly would be just as bad idea as moving slowly but he was surrendering, carl killed him when he demonstrated no threatening behaviour (excluding not quite getting the gun to the floor fast enough) and did nothing except do what carl said, that is why is is murder

• Jody inched forward to Carl while shifting his gaze between Carl and Hershel like he's measuring them up. If he lunges and grabs Carl then it doesn't matter how many guns are on him since he'll have Carl as a hostage/shield and he was only 5 feet away from Carl at the time. If anything, in this case, Jody's behavior is even more suspicious than normal since he was specifically told to drop the gun yet acted as if he was going to hand it over to Carl instead who's conveniently alot weaker than Jody. Heck, the first thing I was thinking when watching that scene was that Jody is going to lunge at Carl and take him hostage unless Hershel shot him, fortunately Carl pulled through. Dropping your gun (not too fast or too slow) and raising your hands is the universally recognized way to surrender. What Jody did? What he did would get him shot in any combat zone by any enemy soldier.

• He is told to drop the damn gun, if he has no interest in killing anyone, and he means to surrender he does what he is told more than once, if not, that is just what happens, maybe the kid was scared, but Carl can't take any chances, that's one of the Governor's men after all, and his propaganda bullshit said the prisoners are a bunch of crazy people, bandits perhaps.

• @ZeroShoot said: He is told to drop the damn gun, if he has no interest in killing anyone, and he means to surrender he does what he is told more than once, if not, that is just what happens, maybe the kid was scared, but Carl can't take any chances, that's one of the Governor's men after all, and his propaganda bullshit said the prisoners are a bunch of crazy people, bandits perhaps.

He could have dropped the gun while he was running also and even if he encountered walkers, he'd be faster than them.

For example, kill a walker take its blood put it on your body and you become unrecognisable to them. It's disgusting but it's a great way to get through walkers without trouble.

• @thestalkinghead said: ok then the kid ran away from the fight, he had 2 guns pointed at his head, he said he was surrendering but he slightly hesitated because he was terrified, i would say moving quickly would be just as bad idea as moving slowly but he was surrendering, carl killed him when he demonstrated no threatening behaviour (excluding not quite getting the gun to the floor fast enough) and did nothing except do what carl said, that is why is is murder

No threatening behavior? Even ignoring the fact the kid didn't comply with directions to drop his weapon...

1.) The kid's finger is right near the trigger (and as noted, his shotgun had a round chambered).

2.) He's inching closer to Carl and could easily overpower him. Remind me, how did Shane die again? Oh yeah, when he was stabbed by Rick as he closed the distance by inching closer to hand over his gun. As has been pointed out. There's a reason we're taught to maintain distance.

Take a look at the picture I posted of the surrendering Iraqis again; out of the entire group I see not one shotgun among them. That's what people who are actually making a good faith effort to surrender look like, and they probably don't even understand English.

• Also Carl is no older than 10. Even though he wouldn't admit it, he was just as scared as Jody.

• @Rommel49 said: No threatening behavior? Even ignoring the fact the kid didn't comply with directions to drop his weapon...

1.) The kid's finger is right near the trigger (and as noted, his shotgun had a round chambered).

2.) He's inching closer to Carl and could easily overpower him. Remind me, how did Shane die again? Oh yeah, when he was stabbed by Rick as he closed the distance by inching closer to hand over his gun. As has been pointed out. There's a reason we're taught to maintain distance.

Take a look at the picture I posted of the surrendering Iraqis again; out of the entire group I see not one shotgun among them. That's what people who are actually making a good faith effort to surrender look like, and they probably don't even understand English.

are you serious? the kid was running away then was basically ambushed by carl and hershel, he wasn't trying to find people to surrender to like in the picture, he was running away and then all of a sudden he had 2 guns pointed at his head, if he had time he probably would have made a white flag and not been holding a gun, but he didn't know they were there he was just sprinting away from the ambush in the prison when he gets ambushed by more people, that picture is the most ridiculous argument ever

• @zev_zev said: Shit, really shit. Because TV series is no longer on the motives of the comic strip

Isn't that a good thing?

Add Comment