User Avatar Image

Clem ending confused?

posted by roroown on - last edited - Viewed by 891 users

First, let me say that assuming Lee's death in the end was ridiculous.
Secondly, why didn't Clem go to the train? Why did it end with her in god knows where, seeing 2 people walking and BOOM, the end. There should be an episode 6 to actually understand what's happening.

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @saladdays said: Even if I told her to, say, go to the train, for all anyone knows she could have done exactly that but then left for a number of reasons.

That's the problem. People assume that the epilogue scene takes place immediately after Clem shoots/leaves Lee, which is highly unlikely.

• @Mornai said: That's the problem. People assume that the epilogue scene takes place immediately after Clem shoots/leaves Lee, which is highly unlikely.

Clem leaving Savannah -> dusk/night
    Clem looking at the 2 persons -> dawn
    so i agree ^^

• My theory is, that she did as you said, whether it was "find a boat", "go to the train", "look for Omid and Christa on the roofs" or anything, and she probably found them, then something happened, that either killed them or seperated her from them, which caused her to leave Savannah / the train. And I personally draw the conclusion, that we'll get to play those happenings in the "bonus", which hopefully comes soon. There we'll see about the remaining characters, and about how Clem tries to cope with her loss, eventually she is forced to leave everything behind and to move on, to start over from scratch, as she sees 2 figures in the distance, BAM "bonus" or "Episode 6" ends, we see the same teaser, we saw after the credits of EP 5, or even a little preview/trailer to S2.

Nothing of that is official or anything, just me imagining how they could continue her story, without implementing stupid flashbacks, that'd show what happened between S1 and 2, and thinking about what that "bonus" could be.

• @blunicorn said: I think the ending was good and all, but I got waaaay too attached to Clementine. So it sort of broke my heart and left me wanting to know what happens to her. And as much as I'd like to see all new characters in the next season, it would kill me not knowing what happens to her.

Then the writers did their job brilliantly. Every game or film who wants you to care about a character wishes it could like they did with Clem. And the ending? It makes you want to buy S2 on its release date, right?

• @ZeroShoot said: My theory is, that she did as you said, whether it was "find a boat", "go to the train", "look for Omid and Christa on the roofs" or anything, and she probably found them, then something happened, that either killed them or seperated her from them, which caused her to leave Savannah / the train. And I personally draw the conclusion, that we'll get to play those happenings in the "bonus", which hopefully comes soon. There we'll see about the remaining characters, and about how Clem tries to cope with her loss, eventually she is forced to leave everything behind and to move on, to start over from scratch, as she sees 2 figures in the distance, BAM "bonus" or "Episode 6" ends, we see the same teaser, we saw after the credits of EP 5, or even a little preview/trailer to S2.

that'd be great

• @crispy01 said: Then the writers did their job brilliantly. Every game or film who wants you to care about a character wishes it could like they did with Clem. And the ending? It makes you want to buy S2 on its release date, right?

No. I would never want such a thing... I want it RIGHT NOW :D

• @Mark$man said: No. I would never want such a thing... I want it RIGHT NOW :D

Balls to the release date, get the alpha version right now! But yeah, not sure why people like this game when it makes them depressed. I mean, I love it, but it made me super sad for 2 weeks.

• It was about a month to me, simply because I was hooked to the music :P Not good to keep doing what makes you sad, but hey, it was that good. And it's because that is what games are aimed to be; realistic, heart-wrenching, exciting, etc. It's supposed to cause some kind of emotion; otherwise it isn't doing a good job. Who would play a video game if it was boring and no surprises, no excitement? Just... kill... kill... kill. It might be fun for awhile... but I think it would get boring really fast. I enjoyed this game just as I enjoyed Heavy Rain; I like games that can really cause some emotion, even if anger at the game itself xD

• @Mark$man said: It was about a month to me, simply because I was hooked to the music :P...

Oh, I know that feeling. Every time I hear the music, especially the ending credits song or "Alive Inside" I get a strong urge to curl up, which is very awkward when it is my favourite College Work music.

• lol true. It really helps to concentrate.

Add Comment