User Avatar Image

TWD TV - That Season 3 ending...

posted by Phil_TWD on - last edited - Viewed by 747 users

I honestly was expecting the governor (Philip) to be killed but nope, Andrea, that kid, the crew who was with him pretty much were all dead because of him or his actions.

It was unsatisfying and this is Andrea's fault mainly, because if she had slit his throat while he was asleep only he would have died.

Oh yeah, since they were awaiting them at the prison they could've locked them down and shot them all like a bunch of walkers, and/or throw grenades to blow them up if they had any left.

100 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Season 1 was brilliant.
    2 got boring for a while with the "wheres sophia" But picked up in the end with an epic last 2 episodes.
    3 Was good. Liked the clash between the two, more bloody fights. Merles return, Michonnes a bad ass, Rick goes psycho and Daryl didnt die.

• The ending was a little disappointing. It was a good episode, but didn't have the "epic finale" feeling when you compare it to the first two seasons or how the prison arc ends in the comic book.

Andrea lived a stupid life and died a stupid death (i mean all the time spent talking to Milton ,seriously?), but the did the scene with Michonne well well and the manner of her death did fit her character, fantasising over the perfect solution (where Milton survives) so much that she lost focus on what had to be done.

Was Carl right to shoot the kid? In my opinion, no. On it's own not monstrous, but i think that looks like the start of a worrying path for him.

No the show isn't as good as the comics, or the game, but it's still very good. Kind of hanging around 8/10 while the other two hit 9 and 10.

• @The Fallen said:
    (...) isn't as good as the comics, or the game, but it's still very good. Kind of hanging around 8/10 while the other two hit 9 and 10.

Which one's the 9, which one's the 10? :D

• @ZeroShoot said: Which one's the 9, which one's the 10? :D

I'd say that varies on an episode to volume basis... or is that a cop out :p

• Some of you guys sound like Hershel had actually approved of Carl's behavior, which he clearly didn't. He outright said that Carl "gunned that kid down" when talking to Rick later on - a statement that has murder spelled all over it.

This whole scene shows how much Carl is still a little kid, not being able to take a role as an adult yet. He was outraged that he wasn't allowed to participate in the fight, angry enough so he took the opportunity to kill an enemy and disobey his "orders" just to participate. Carl has pretty much lost it in that episode, he is in an allout rage he clearly can't control... and actually sees no need to either. Having abandoned our moral system, he thinks it's totally ok to kill - it has become a part of his every day life. Carl is a child, he adapts differently to this new world than the adults do.

While the adults in the group still try to shape the world around them, the world still shapes Carl.

• @8Bit_System said: Some of you guys sound like Hershel had actually approved of Carl's behavior, which he clearly didn't. He outright said that Carl "gunned that kid down" when talking to Rick later on - a statement that has murder spelled all over it.

This whole scene shows how much Carl is still a little kid, not being able to take a role as an adult yet. He was outraged that he wasn't allowed to participate in the fight, angry enough so he took the opportunity to kill an enemy and disobey his "orders" just to participate. Carl has pretty much lost it in that episode, he is in an allout rage he clearly can't control... and actually sees no need to either. Having abandoned our moral system, he thinks it's totally ok to kill - it has become a part of his every day life. Carl is a child, he adapts differently to this new world than the adults do.

While the adults in the group still try to shape the world around them, the world still shapes Carl.

Agreed.

I think that Carl becoming a monster and Rick trying to deal with it is going to be the big thing next season.

• @8Bit_System said: Some of you guys sound like Hershel had actually approved of Carl's behavior, which he clearly didn't. He outright said that Carl "gunned that kid down" when talking to Rick later on - a statement that has murder spelled all over it.

I never suggested Hershel approved, but in that situation to paraphrase Glenn from the 2nd season: I'd rather he be alive and hating me than liking me and dead.

Carl's intentions are irrelevant to it being the right call... good intentions, road to hell and all that.

Facts remain, 1.) kid's finger is near the trigger during the whole exchange, 2.) he was part of the group that had just attacked friends and family, 3.) he didn't comply with the order to drop his weapon.

Shotgun kid was given more than enough leeway; three strikes and you're out.

• The main thing that annoyed me regarding the season finale is the way people are reacting because it wasn't an epic showdown. Not every finale has to be this spectacular thing that races through to final conclusions at like 100 miles per hour. Quieter finales are just as good, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Of course I also enjoyed all of season 2 because at the basic level I prefer character stories over constant action.

• @Rommel49 said: I never suggested Hershel approved, but in that situation to paraphrase Glenn from the 2nd season: I'd rather he be alive and hating me than liking me and dead.

Carl's intentions are irrelevant to it being the right call... good intentions, road to hell and all that.

Facts remain, 1.) kid's finger is near the trigger during the whole exchange, 2.) he was part of the group that had just attacked friends and family, 3.) he didn't comply with the order to drop his weapon.

Shotgun kid was given more than enough leeway; three strikes and you're out.

So you suggest that a obviously parttime deranged 10 year old should make that decision, instead of Hershel. Sorry, but I'm not on your page, actually pretty sure I'm not reading the same book... but hey...

@Rommel49 said: The main thing that annoyed me regarding the season finale is the way people are reacting because it wasn't an epic showdown. Not every finale has to be this spectacular thing that races through to final conclusions at like 100 miles per hour. Quieter finales are just as good, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Of course I also enjoyed all of season 2 because at the basic level I prefer character stories over constant action.
    I totally agree. I found season 3 to be the weakest for my tasting, but I really liked the ending. Maybe except for Andrea dying, probably wanted her to have a chance for redemption with her group... I mean "real" redemption through actions. But whatever, she's gone... just like so many others I would have wanted to stay. ;)

• @corruptbiggins said: The main thing that annoyed me regarding the season finale is the way people are reacting because it wasn't an epic showdown. Not every finale has to be this spectacular thing that races through to final conclusions at like 100 miles per hour. Quieter finales are just as good, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Season three finale just didn't match up with how it was supposed to. Also, AMC hyped it up too much, with the whole "28 deaths, and will leave people jaws dropped" when it wasn't that good. Milton's death was kinda stupid, considering his attempt to kill the Governor. Also, with Andrea taking her sweet time to get those pliers and having a joyful conversation with someone who is about to turn. Also, the Governor's shootout made little sense, and of course no one was able to kill him because he is immortal. Even Alan, who was aimed right at him, watched as Phillip pointed his gun at him and shot him in the head. Also, Andrea's death in general wasn't thrilling or intense, because not much was overall felt for the character; she made way too many mistakes, and not enough progress, and got killed because she was so slow.

Now the group has many old citizens and children that they have to provide for, since Phillip killed most of the able people. Also, with all the supplies Woodbury had, no supplies were brought back to the prison? What about the walkers that were inside the prison, how come none were seen inside the prison block? How did Glenn and Maggie kill no one of the mass of attackers?

Just too much didn't make sense or felt pointless, and I feel the only death that weighed on me was Milton's, and he died a pointless death.

Add Comment