User Avatar Image

TWD TV - That Season 3 ending...

posted by Phil_TWD on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users

I honestly was expecting the governor (Philip) to be killed but nope, Andrea, that kid, the crew who was with him pretty much were all dead because of him or his actions.

It was unsatisfying and this is Andrea's fault mainly, because if she had slit his throat while he was asleep only he would have died.

Oh yeah, since they were awaiting them at the prison they could've locked them down and shot them all like a bunch of walkers, and/or throw grenades to blow them up if they had any left.

100 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @corruptbiggins said: The main thing that annoyed me regarding the season finale is the way people are reacting because it wasn't an epic showdown. Not every finale has to be this spectacular thing that races through to final conclusions at like 100 miles per hour. Quieter finales are just as good, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Of course I also enjoyed all of season 2 because at the basic level I prefer character stories over constant action.

Well i agree in some places. It's the character development that makes the every part of the franchise what it is. Zombie apocalypse is a genre that has been done to death and back and it's the focus on people that keep me interested.

But they built up so much to a big Prison vs Woodbury battle such as the one in the comic. An entire episode was devoted to getting weapons, the meeting with the governor, "this fight will go down to the last man", for the actual battle itself to then have no casualties at all on either side and was a damp squib.

• @8Bit_System said: So you suggest that a obviously parttime deranged 10 year old should make that decision, instead of Hershel. Sorry, but I'm not on your page, actually pretty sure I'm not reading the same book... but hey...

If it's the right decision (and more than enough evidence has been presented to show it was), it's irrelevant who makes it or why.

• @The Fallen said: Well i agree in some places. It's the character development that makes the every part of the franchise what it is. Zombie apocalypse is a genre that has been done to death and back and it's the focus on people that keep me interested.

But they built up so much to a big Prison vs Woodbury battle such as the one in the comic. An entire episode was devoted to getting weapons, the meeting with the governor, "this fight will go down to the last man", for the actual battle itself to then have no casualties at all on either side and was a damp squib.

Technically... I think a few were killed inside the prison. They came out with less than when they came in. Either that or they messed up somehow. Idk, maybe I'm wrong. I think the walkers got a few though inside.

• @Mark$man said: Technically... I think a few were killed inside the prison. They came out with less than when they came in. Either that or they messed up somehow. Idk, maybe I'm wrong. I think the walkers got a few though inside.

Really? I didn't see any. I suppose there was probably some friendly fire in the chaos, maybe a small number to walkers.

The point remains that the battle they did so much build up for never happened. The firefight that killed Axel was the biggest of the "war".

• @The Fallen said:

Hear, hear. This is what led a lot of fans to expect a showdown, and AMC didn't deliver unfortunately. For a finale, the season went off with a whimper despite a few bangs along the way (e.g. Lori, Axel, Merle, etc.).

I even predicted that Hershel, Beth, Judith, and Carroll would not survive the finale so Tyreese could step in. But I guess all the deaths AMC promised was mostly just a bunch of extras.

• So... over the course of the season we lost potential-fueled characters who could have helped the group in various ways(Axel, Oscar, Merle, Allen, Ben, Milton) and gained a school bus full of liabilities (Fat kid, guy-with-sort-of-Dale-looking-hat etc.)
    I was kind of hoping the group would become a series of hardcore soldiers, not a freakin' daycare service.

• ^I thought Judith, Hershel, and Beth would not make it either. And don't forget T-Dog and Oscar! Those two were some badass black guys xD. Tyresse is one of my favorites of the comics(or was).

The best thing the finale did, was Beth got her first walker kill lol. Her and Carol have actually stepped up, and looked kinda cool in all black xD I imagined men in black.

• So the problem was over hyping by AMC.

Well, there's a surprise. A network trying to get more viewers by bigging up an episode.

Don't believe network/corporate spiel.

• @Rommel49 said: If it's the right decision (and more than enough evidence has been presented to show it was), it's irrelevant who makes it or why.

If it was the right decision... Do you truely want to tell me that the decision to kill a man should be made by a ten year old and not by Hershel standing right next to him?

@Rommel49 said: So... over the course of the season we lost potential-fueled characters who could have helped the group in various ways(Axel, Oscar, Merle, Allen, Ben, Milton) and gained a school bus full of liabilities (Fat kid, guy-with-sort-of-Dale-looking-hat etc.)
    I was kind of hoping the group would become a series of hardcore soldiers, not a freakin' daycare service.

And where would you find these hardcore soldiers in modern day America? Most of them have been chewed on in other parts of the world... leaving the rest to defend the country...

Add Comment