User Avatar Image

Kenny saving Christa:Pointless?

posted by KieranTheBroski on - last edited - Viewed by 508 users

So Kenny's sacrifice for Christa was in my opinion POINTLESS. It was a good way for Kenny to go, and was a pretty good scene, but it was for the walkie talkie. The thing is they didn't use the talkie for the rest of the game. You could argue "well it could be used for the future." Well Lee finds the kidnapper, and ends up killing him, but the thing is: they could have taken the kidnappers talkie, and bam! You have the talkie back, just a little different...

23 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • They also didn't know if Clem had been moved away from the Marsh House since she last contacted them. Clem calls Lee sometime during midday, and the Christa scene is near dusk. They needed all the information they could get, so at the time the radio was the most important item they had. What if the Stranger wer to move Clem, but when she contacted Lee to tell the group where she was now, they couldn't hear because they had left the radio in the room? Looking back it seems pointless, but with what they knew at the time getting the radio was the smart choice. Christa just wasn't acting smart.

• ^That's what I mean. The way they went at it they would have been better of going for Clem without it.

• @Mark$man said: Uh... they did know. There were thousands of them Mornai! THOUSANDS lol. That and they didn't even know the Stranger had a car xD. Nor that it was HIS car. Loopholes :P

They had recently rung the bell sending all those zombies in the vicinity of the hospital, though. Obviously they came back or it didn't reach that far, but since the mansion was 98% walker-free for a while maybe they thought the Marsh House would be as well.

In the end, all i can say is "Damn it, Christa."

• I found Christa to be a very annoying character. If she's not in season 2 i wont be too upset. Lilly was annoying, but I liked her character more than Christa's.
    Lilly wouldn't have jumped down without thinking out a plan or probably would have told everyone to leave it.

• I found Christa to be a very annoying character. If she's not in season 2 i wont be too upset. Lilly was annoying, but I liked her character more than Christa's.
    Lilly wouldn't have jumped down without thinking out a plan or probably would have told everyone to leave it.

• @Mornai said: They had recently rung the bell sending all those zombies in the vicinity of the hospital, though. Obviously they came back or it didn't reach that far, but since the mansion was 98% walker-free for a while maybe they thought the Marsh House would be as well.

In the end, all i can say is "Damn it, Christa."

The attic was after that, and walkers had lined the street. That's when Clem called on the radio, saying that she was where her parents are. So... he couldn't move her :P

• Yea that's my argument. Christa just jumped down there all wily nily when the group could have talked for a moment and actually discussed it instead of just jumping down there. I always thought she was the most careful one in the group, guess that drink got to her. rofl. Anyway, but they didn't use the walkie for the REST of the game. They didn't need it, and if they did, after killing the stranger/campman, could just take his damn walkie.

• I wish Omid would have manned up so Kenny didn't have to.

• The other ending was so much better. If you save Ben. It made me feel really happy :D

• Yeah, I felt kind of let down that they didn't use the walkie talkie after that. But as a story it makes sense thematically: Kenny gives his life to save another man's wife and child after losing his own.

Ugh, I didn't know that you could bring Ben along and that ending sounds terrible and pointless!

Add Comment