User Avatar Image

Forum Ranks

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 865 users

As some of you may have noticed, we're all Strangers unless part of the wonderful TT team....or TTT, as such...hehe (looks like a table, TTT)...

Anyway, I was wondering if we could suggest ranks for certain amounts of posts. That is, unless you've already made a heap of ranks, or are they just defaults?

Cheers! [\:D/]

15 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]Ranks usually encourage people to post alot of useless stuff just to rise in rank, so the ranks should rather be the other way around. Positive if you have posted little and negative if you have posted alot. Heh.[/quote]

I disagree. While it's not good to encourage people to post just to raise their post count it is good to encourage people to participate. All this would do is discourage people from posting. I don't see what the problem is as long as people aren't spamming.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I'm glad someone brought this up, we've been meaning to get somewhat creative with the rankings.

So, ... to quote a cartoon representation of (not) James Hetfield:

Ranking - GOOD!
    Spamming - BAD!

And there you have it. ;) Enjoy!

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

So "Stranger" and "Newbie" have been replaced with "Yalking" and "Yakster", respectively? Interesting.
    I struggled to come up with rank names for my forums, and eventually went with a bunch that 3HM came up with.

Basically, rank names are hard. Not necessary, but funny.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Yea... Ranks are nice if they dont encourage people to spam. "I have to post a lot because I want to be the '1337 Master'!"

Right now my rank in the Samurize forum is Power Puff Girl. :-?

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]So, ... to quote a cartoon representation of (not) James Hetfield:

Ranking - GOOD!
    Spamming - BAD![/quote]

Heh, haven't visited Camp Chaos in a long time - thanks for reminding me!

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]Yea... Ranks are nice if they dont encourage people to spam. "I have to post a lot because I want to be the '1337 Master'!"[/quote]

Heh, I've been their before, the trick is finding the line between posting a lot, which can be helpful and fun, and spamming, which is unnecessary and kind of annoying.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

good on telltale for bringing back the word yak!

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

lol :D

• Whats my rank? Is it something cool like Junior Vice President?

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

Sorry coolsome, I'm closing this.

I don't mind people pulling up old topics to add meaningful conversation, but that post didn't add anything meaningful to this topic.

This discussion has been closed.