User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 146.8K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Undertaker vs CM Punk was frigging awesome! 21-0!

• I just realized I didn't take any pics during the time dashing and div were here. I did take a little footage, but next to nothing in pictures.

• @Giant Tope said: I just realized I didn't take any pics during the time dashing and div were here. I did take a little footage, but next to nothing in pictures.

Don't worry, the ice cream said it all.

• Outerheavenoriginal2.jpeg
    A nation where, in his words, "every soldier will have his place, and where they will answer to no government" which can be seen as him believing in a variation of Anarchy, thus contrasting the total control of society as displayed by the Patriots, wishing for every individual to be "free.

Over and over again the standard of "Outer Heaven" would be raised in defense of those who suffered due to the machinations of the Patriots.

"You saw those children, didn't you? Every one is a victim of a war somewhere of the world. And they'll make fine soldiers in the next war. Start a war, for its flames, create victims... Then save them, train them... And feed them back onto the battlefield. It's a perfectly logical system. In this world of ours, conflict never ends. And neither does our purpose... our raisond'etre."

While its clear the Patriots are evil and needed to be stopped Big Boss was no angel and his idea of a world in total war "Outer Heaven" was just as oppressive as The Patriots ideals.

• I'm announcing a short novel fan fiction about Superman, Batman, Lex Luthor and The Joker.

The aim of this work is to answer a few specific questions as well as make certain points.

Lex Luthor and Batman are, inherently, the same individual.

Why does Lex Luthor do the things he do? What is the driving motivation behind his actions?

Why is The Joker the most sane individual you could ever encounter?

Why this quote by Batman, "It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." Is absolutely and entirely wrong.

How do you beat a God whom you cannot destroy?

Why all four men are inherently working within the same box and mindframe.

• And all I have is a fanfiction where Agent Coulson and Bruce Banner team up in a buddy cop team and solve mysteries, but neither of them wants to be the "bad cop".

This discussion has been closed.