User Avatar Image

Why won't Larry be nice?

posted by T800kaz on - last edited - Viewed by 259 users

I started a playthrough were I will side with Larry and Lilly and was wondering is there a way for Larry to be nice to Lee or is he always gonna treat Lee badly?

17 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think there are a few moments where he's slightly less spiteful, like when Mark reiterates that Larry's just looking out for his daughter, but I don't think he and Lee are ever really friendly.

• Because Larry is, as they're known in scientific terms, an asshole. :p

• I think after those 3 months - if you were trying to be as good as possible - he saw Lee wasn't a bad man despite being a murderer. He maybe even didn't want to be such an asshole towards Lee in the end, but he had to make a frightening and protecting impression regardless of how he felt deep inside, he just tries to keep Lee down, keep him calm and civil, by trying to be the alpha male.

I don't blame him, kind of what I did to Ben, in fear he'd screw up and get Clem killed.
    Where Larry was a dick towards me to protect his daughter, I've been a dick towards Ben trying to protect my daughter.

I don't like his way, but I respect it.

• It wasn't being a dick to Ben;he flat out almost got Clem killed, and more than once. It was more like a threat that if he screwed up it wouldn't be walkers he'd have to worry about. I also partially blame Ben for the deaths of many of the group, so far to count Kenny and lee, and he even gets himself killed. He was supposed to keep an eye on Clem, and yet he let her out on her own not once, but twice. Never did Lee put Lilly in harm's way.

• @Mark$man said: It wasn't being a dick to Ben;he flat out almost got Clem killed, and more than once. It was more like a threat that if he screwed up it wouldn't be walkers he'd have to worry about. I also partially blame Ben for the deaths of many of the group, so far to count Kenny and lee, and he even gets himself killed. He was supposed to keep an eye on Clem, and yet he let her out on her own not once, but twice. Never did Lee put Lilly in harm's way.

Well, he was helping Omid and Christa, he told Clem to stay put and she disapeared. Both him and Clem confirm this story, so it isn't totally his fault. Back in the street, well, he panicked and it is partially his fault, but he aknowledges it.

• @Jaded X Gamer said: Because Larry is, as they're known in scientific terms, an asshole. :p

The species is more commonly known as iratus faeces foraminis

• There's no other way to say this: He's a dick.

Hardly was he ever nice and even him being an angry old man, I couldn't hate him but his daughter for what she did to Carley.

• @Kaserkin said: Well, he was helping Omid and Christa, he told Clem to stay put and she disapeared. Both him and Clem confirm this story, so it isn't totally his fault. Back in the street, well, he panicked and it is partially his fault, but he aknowledges it.

it isn't? He was told point blank: WATCH HER. He could have had her with him when he went to help Christa. Two, when he panicked, it was ENTIRELY his fault. He got Chuck killed for being a coward, and it would have been Clem otherwise, considering there is one walker Telltale decided is immortal xD.

I always saved him though...

• @Mark$man said: it isn't? He was told point blank: WATCH HER. He could have had her with him when he went to help Christa.

Not getting into the whole side of the street/Chuck thing, but as for Ben not keeping her at the house thing, it's hard for me to be too mad at him when you consider the following. If Clementine wants to get out, she's getting out. There's no stopping her.

The whole training thing on the train gave her a major independent streak. She runs ahead into the manor, she runs out of the manor after Lee, she's gone yet again when you get back, she comes into the hall to save Molly and eventually she runs off to meet the stranger, at which case she finally seems to realize running off so much might not be a good idea. Oh, and then she gets out of the room the stranger put her in and bitch smacks him for good measure.

Ben couldn't keep hold of her by that point because no one could. :D

• @Mark$man said: Never did Lee put Lilly in harm's way.

From Larry's point of view he did, he blames Lee for taking them all - his daughter included - to a cannibals' dairy, where she could've died.
    I'm not saying it is Lee's fault, but Larry blames him anyway, just as some things weren't Ben's fault and I blamed him anyway.

I was a "Larry" towards Ben, I threatened him on the train, told him I'd kill him if he'd put Clem in harm's way again, yelled at him whenever I could and insulted him as much as possible, never ever once since he confessed what he did have I said something nice to him, and I regret it, as I think, if Ben had someone like Clem had Lee, he could've been a help.
    He practically was a (college-)kid, just as unhelpful as Clem before Lee taught her.

(In the following playthroughs I was less of an asshole and tried to get along with Ben, and learned that he is a cool character - in my opinion.)

Add Comment