User Avatar Image

Rate The Last Movie(s) You Watched

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 20.3K users

Same as the Rate the Last Game You Finished topic but with movies. There should be more film talk around here. So, I'll start off with the movies I've seen in the past few days.

Law-Abiding Citizen - 5.5/11

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - 7/11

Sword of the Stranger - 9/11

Blade Runner: Final Cut - 11/11

Blade Runner is one of those films I want to love but also want to hate.

1.8K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @StrongBrush1 said: Evil Dead

No, no the remake. I'm talking about the original from 1981.

Me and horror movies have sort of an agreement. I don't watch them and they let me sleep peacefully. But with the recent news of Poker Night 2, I figured I might want to get some background info on our Remington-wielding hero.

The original '81 film is a classic (and my personal favourite in the series) but if you really wanted to get to know the character of Ash, who'll appear in 'Poker Night 2' then you really should have watched 'Evil Dead 2'. The first film is a straight up horror, whereas it's the sequel (which you don't even have to have seen the original in order to follow the plot) is a comedy-horror and it's with that film (and its followup 'Army of Darkness') that the world was introduced to the character of Ash; badass deadite killer.

You don't know Ash, till you've seen him clip a chainsaw to his bloody stump and utter that immortal word - "Groovy".

• Hotel Transylvania - 8/10

Well, that was a surprise. I loved this film.The manic energy, the quick-fire pace of the jokes, the basic but well realized plot... I thought it was was a great film. Not exactly the most complex or insightful movie in the world, but I had a blast watching it and don't care about anyone else.

• @St_Eddie said: whereas it's the sequel (which you don't even have to have seen the original in order to follow the plot) is a comedy-horror

I think the term "Splatstick" is appropriate here.
    (and its followup 'Army of Darkness')
    Which you forget to mention is also itself largely yet another genre, in the vein of what you might call a classic and essentially family-friendly adventure with undead monsters.

Ash; badass deadite killer.

The guy you're talking to likely won't know the "deadite" nomenclature, since that name wasn't used until Army of Darkness.

• @St_Eddie said:

You don't know Ash, till you've seen him clip a chainsaw to his bloody stump and utter that immortal word - "Groovy".

You mean like he does in... oops, almost spoiled it.

• Riding The Bullet.

I liked it, but that's the unpopular opinion.
    Crazy, simple film. Think I got it for 5 bucks or something. Well worth it.

• i recently saw Django Unchained - 9/10

• I want to encourage everyone to go see the movie Home Run. It's an inspiring movie that I think especially those who are hurting (that is, everyone) should go see. Also, not that it matters, but I know quite a number of people who were involved in the making of the film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se3L51jHIos

• Kansas City Confidential 10/10

I love film noir.

• Iron Man Three (according to the film certification at the start, that's how you spell it): 9/10.

Fantastic film from start to finish. If you're at all interested in the franchise, the actors or just good films in general, GO SEE THIS. It's everything good from the first two films with practically none of the bad stuff. RDJ is Iron Man.

Add Comment