User Avatar Image

Questions for the Walking Dead team!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 11.5K users

Hey guys, I know it's still early days on this project, and we're a ways off from talking about anything concrete, but it seemed like as good a time as any to start an official Q&A thread!

In all honesty there isn't a lot we can talk about yet -- we were going to do press for the game at PAX East last month, but held off when we realized that our answer to almost any conceivable standard press question would be "no comment, yet" -- but I trust you guys to rise above the standard questions, and come up with some Walking Dead stuff we can discuss, so have at it. Ask away!

1.3K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • "You are blowing this out of proportion. I just don't want to look after Clementine yet again, if they wanted us to continue looking after her, they should have kept Lee alive for Season 2"

"my point is that it would be stupid if after everything Clem and Lee go through in the first game, they just throw another protagonist in place of lee and expect to get the same emotional investment. You cant expect Clementine to just forget about Lee because some new person arrived, it would make the first game lose all feeling"

• I had a question. Ben said he and Travis were in his school's band. So I'm curious, what instrument did Ben play?

BenHatchet_zpsde33d352.png

I MUST KNOW! :D

• @Jaded X Gamer said: I had a question. Ben said he and Travis were in his school's band. So I'm curious, what instrument did Ben play?

BenHatchet_zpsde33d352.png

I MUST KNOW! :D

He also mentions that they came from Stone Mountain for the playoffs, so I'm guessing... drums.

• @o0HeaDShoT0o said: He also mentions that they came from Stone Mountain for the playoffs, so I'm guessing... drums.

He looked more like a trumpet player to me.

• @Jaded X Gamer said: He looked more like a trumpet player to me.

im guessing tambourine :D

• @mrkareemruiz said: "You are blowing this out of proportion. I just don't want to look after Clementine yet again, if they wanted us to continue looking after her, they should have kept Lee alive for Season 2"

"my point is that it would be stupid if after everything Clem and Lee go through in the first game, they just throw another protagonist in place of lee and expect to get the same emotional investment. You cant expect Clementine to just forget about Lee because some new person arrived, it would make the first game lose all feeling"

What I think might work well is this. Assume that season 2 is another 5 episodes. In episode 1, we have a whole new cast, no mention of Omid, Christa or even beloved little Clem. Everybody thinks to themselves "oh my god we're never going to know what happened to her. That's so tragic". Instead we spend episode 1 getting to know and empathise with the new protaganist we are playing.
    Then in episode 2, bang, we meet Clementine for the first time with our new character. Maybe she's alone, maybe she's with others, who knows? Think of the relief we'd feel, having just had an episode where we'd come to terms with the fact we'd probably never see her again. I agree though that she absolutely cannot have just forgotten about Lee. She needs to be virtually inconsolable for her first episode, and perhaps she would keep more detached from you so she cant get so hurt again.

• Always thought Ben was tall enough to play basketball. It would be a better backstory.

• @Jake said: The pitch I remember for that backstory was that it was a high school basketball away game, which meant that the basketball team, the band, and cheerleaders were all on the bus together. Ben was on the basketball team, travis was in the band, and the teacher was the band teacher.

Is that why he's so freakishly tall? I thought you guys were deliberating subverting the popular visual cue a lot of animated shows use where teenagers are always shorter than adult characters to make it clear they're much younger than the adults.

I thought by making him tall you were messing with the audience's preconceived notions to see if you could get them to forget Ben wasn't even old enough to drink. If he had been shorter than most of the cast it'd be harder for people to forget he was likely younger than everyone but Duck and Clem by probably at least a decade.

If he was in the band in the script, and we don't know what instrument he played, I'm going to just declare that he played the trombone, because my brother was super pretty tall, often awkward and quiet kid in high school who everyone kept telling he should play basketball, but he instead played trombone in the band, jazz band, and drum corps.

Fair enough. I don't know why but always figured Ben played something in the brass family. Maybe because he didn't act quite careless enough to be playing percussion but too careless for stringed instruments or piano. :p

• Just having a quick question about the ending from episode 2 and Jolene. There was lines that not used where Jolene said something about a guy named "Paul". Was "Paul" the father from Danielle or was he one from the bandits that could had been in the group for episode 3 ?? ;)

I know I'm a pain in the ass with this specific questions. :D lol

Add Comment