User Avatar Image

The Last Item You Purchased?

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 39.3K users

What was it? Whether it was a packet of chips, a video game, a CD, a magazine, a gun, a flower, a yacht or an island, post it here.

My most recent purchase was a CD - Dream Theater's "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence".

5.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • More 3DS stuff! Yay! :)

Code of Princess (£25)
    HarmoKnight (£12)

And pre-ordered Pokemon X and Y, and Mystery Dungeon - Gates to Infinity for £78
    (I had a voucher and staff disount. So each game being about £26 each was a nice deal)
    (Only one is for me there though. Pokemon Y and Mystery Dungeon are for my little brother. One is his Christmas present, and he can give me some cash back for the other one)

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@coolsome said:
    revelations.jpg

"small parts and small balls"?? Oh, I always knew that about the Daleks! :)

• @Vainamoinen said: "small parts and small balls"?? Oh, I always knew that about the Daleks! :)

Heh Heh Heh!

No that's what you get if you buy this item.

• Oddly enough, I have a DVD with both of those shows on them - or at least, what's LEFT of the shows.

If other's aren't aware (and they probably aren't), then these shows fell victim to the tape wiping that means we're missing a lot of early Doctor Who, and as far as I was aware, only a couple of episodes of each of these remained. Has that changed?

• @Darth Marsden said: Oddly enough, I have a DVD with both of those shows on them - or at least, what's LEFT of the shows.

If other's aren't aware (and they probably aren't), then these shows fell victim to the tape wiping that means we're missing a lot of early Doctor Who, and as far as I was aware, only a couple of episodes of each of these remained. Has that changed?

Edit: Wait no. Checking the discs themselves there are only 5 episodes in "the 1948 show"

Wikipedia the great:

Only the five Swedish compilation episodes have been released on DVD. This includes the Four Yorkshiremen sketch, written and performed by Cleese, Chapman, Brooke-Taylor and Feldman.[10] The DVDs were issued by Pinnacle Vision in the UK (Region 2) and by Tango Entertainment in the US (Region 1). The DVD incorrectly states these as "recently recovered episodes", titles them as "episodes [1-5]", and also presents them in the wrong series order. There is no mention on the DVD that the content is a compilation. All editions of the DVD are NTSC based, with soft, grainy, and generally low picture quality even considering the material's age.[11] The surviving original episodes have never been released, but copies of episodes 1.4, 1.6, 2.2, 2.3, and 2.6 have in the past (and possibly illegally) been uploaded on YouTube and other websites; these look much sharper than the compilation material.

I'm still waiting for "Do Not Adjust Your Set"

Add Comment