User Avatar Image

Ideas for future TF2 unlocks.

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited - Viewed by 950 users

This thread is just here for people to share their thoughts on what they think would be cool unlockables for TF2 if their is DLC or maybe a sequel anyway my ideas (With characters I hope get into a Poker Night game in the future if there ever is a sequel or DLC)...

Sam-The Big Kill (It would be cool to see this return with The Max hat)
Max-Max's servered head (Again it would be cool to see it return for people who missed out on it)
Strong Bad-Homestar Cap (Homestar's hat) and A Cheating friend which is a small The Cheat teddy like the balloonicorn.
Marty McFly-Skateboard (Is a melee weapon)
Wallace & Gromit-Anti Pesto hat (The descreption could be "A hat that shows you are a proud worker in Anti Pesto and look there is even a signature from Wallace")
Guybrush Threepwood-The Mighty Pirate (a wig that looks like Guybrush's hair), The Loyal first mate (Winslow's hat and it could say "There's 2 things a good first mate needs their pirate hat and a good map.) and another item could be called The Pirate Beard which is LeChuck's beard.

Anyway that's all I could think off but go ahead and share your ideas on what you think would be cool and fun TF2 unlocks :)

33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED

Max's Head is way too valuable these days to be reintroduced through a 5$ game. Or any game, at that.

Anyway, I want a Chainsaw Hand! Who needs that silly necronomicrown.

Speaking of Guybrush, can Telltale still use that IP or was it dun did with the Tales of Monkey Island?

• Homestarmy Gear (Bowl Helmet and Spoon Melee for Soldier)
    Doreauxgard melee for all classes
    Marzipan-themed Frontier Justice (with Carol guitar for Taunt Kill)
    Ultimate Strong Bad's Sword (Kukri for Sniper)

All these would be great.

• @Profanity said: Max's Head is way too valuable these days to be reintroduced through a 5$ game. Or any game, at that.

No. It would help balance the TF2 economy.

• User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED

@der_ketzer said: No. It would help balance the TF2 economy.

By making the practically most valuable item available to everyone? That's one good way to just break the whole bloody market.

There's no balance in that.

This is one of those items that by now serve as full currency.

• or you could just, you know. Make the old Max hats vintage and make these new ones not. That way it is the vintage max hats that are rare and we still get the max hats.

• @Gman5852 said: or you could just, you know. Make the old Max hats vintage and make these new ones not. That way it is the vintage max hats that are rare and we still get the max hats.

Yes that would be a great idea. Plus on the idea of the whole TF2 items thing, i think its sorta stupid. For example i went onto an achievement server which has a price check on items, i checked out the stuff in Poker Night for example and it all added up to 8 refined metal. I traded Poker Night 1 which Steam gave me for pre-ordering Poker night 2. I got the smart dresser, refined metal, scrap metal and a pomson 6000. Still i don't get how TF2 works in terms of items. Some Poker Night items went for 2-3 refined while others barely got to 1 refined. Still honestly would have rather gotten TF2 items for pre-ordering Poker Night 2 since if your a fan of TTG & Sam & Max most likely you will pre-order for Sam & the unlockable items.

• User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED

@Gman5852 said: or you could just, you know. Make the old Max hats vintage and make these new ones not. That way it is the vintage max hats that are rare and we still get the max hats.

That would still significantly hit the market and be completely unfair to those who actually have Max Heads.

And no, I don't have a Max Head.

Besides, the last thing this game needs is another Gibus...

EDIT: And just to add, I don't play the whole trading game, I don't play the market and I'm not a trader - I play TF2. But I know that there is a trading game, it has a lot of people in it and it has a market. I don't think it should be fucked with at this scale, just because some people can't take the fact that you need to work for some items. ESPECIALLY when they are just cosmetics, which doesn't make anyone entitled to them.

• @Profanity said: That would still significantly hit the market and be completely unfair to those who actually have Max Heads.

And no, I don't have a Max Head.

Besides, the last thing this game needs is another Gibus...

EDIT: And just to add, I don't play the whole trading game, I don't play the market and I'm not a trader - I play TF2. But I know that there is a trading game, it has a lot of people in it and it has a market. I don't think it should be fucked with at this scale, just because some people can't take the fact that you need to work for some items. ESPECIALLY when they are just cosmetics, which doesn't make anyone entitled to them.

No one cares about the cosmetics though. They care about the value. That is why you make the max's head vintage and make these not and not tradable. That way the value is still there. This is exactly what they did with the lugermorph(which is just as rare as the max head might I add), and worked out fine. There is no screwing with the economy this way.

• User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED

@Gman5852 said: No one cares about the cosmetics though. They care about the value. That is why you make the max's head vintage and make these not and not tradable. That way the value is still there. This is exactly what they did with the lugermorph(which is just as rare as the max head might I add), and worked out fine. There is no screwing with the economy this way.

The holders of the vintage Max's would instantly raise their prices, but the demand would hit complete ground bottom which would make it valueless. No one will want to sell them, no one will want to buy. Essentially everyone would have a Max's Head, so not only the value would be fucked, but also the look of it, because it would become overused as hell.

It's one of the top most valuable items and it's there for a reason. It was given to people who pre-ordered Sam & Max at the time when Telltale games weren't THIS popular and when pre-order TF2 items were not known to rise sky-high in value. In other words, loyal fans of both franchises, rather than a greedy trader nabbing anything that gives items for it, so he could hope to resell it.

Don't compare a gun that wasn't very desirable to begin with to a hat that's at the top of the list. Poker Night's release of it screwed the desirability even further, because it was being overused for a couple of weeks and then nobody wanted it and it's currently half the price of Big Kill. Vintage Luger isn't very expensive, but still is being bought only by collectors, which is not how Max's Head works. Max's head is the highest-tier, it has become the purest currency, which Luger never was.

If you re-release an amazingly high ranking hat like Max's Head, it will also shake the whole market because it would show that no one cares if it's the rarest and seemingly limited thing, they still can release another row of it.

It's just a cosmetic, it's already been awarded, it's time came and went. That's it.

And that's why the current original three - Max's Head, Bill's, Buds - shouldn't be ever touched by resupplies, no matter how many people "need" them. No one is stopping them to release something that looks great for Poker Night 3 or Sam & Max Season 4 if it ever comes out, though. Why is everyone SO concentrated on that one Max's Head? I'm not talking specifically about you, but a lot of the people who want the Max's Head to be redistributed are not the people who care about the cosmetic either (like you described the people who have it right now) but people who can't deal with not being able to get something.

Would I want a Max's Head? Sure. Would I want them redistribute it for crazy-easy access just because of that? No, it wouldn't be fair.

• Because who wouldn't want a Max hat that looks like its trying to eat you? =P

But in all seriousness. So what? A hat would be worth a little less? Just because 1 hat is back does not mean it will completely throw off the whole TF2 trade process. Its not like the mann co store will close down due to it. Its 1 hat that is a very cool hat which would be great to see come back. Again like GMan said, give people vintage Max hats. Vintage stuff still goes for a good price. Its not like Max's gun does not got a good price. When i price checked it on a TF2 achievement server it was worth 2 refined which is not bad consisting 1 refined costs about 16 weps to craft.

Add Comment