User Avatar Image

Ideas for future TF2 unlocks.

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited - Viewed by 782 users

This thread is just here for people to share their thoughts on what they think would be cool unlockables for TF2 if their is DLC or maybe a sequel anyway my ideas (With characters I hope get into a Poker Night game in the future if there ever is a sequel or DLC)...

Sam-The Big Kill (It would be cool to see this return with The Max hat)
Max-Max's servered head (Again it would be cool to see it return for people who missed out on it)
Strong Bad-Homestar Cap (Homestar's hat) and A Cheating friend which is a small The Cheat teddy like the balloonicorn.
Marty McFly-Skateboard (Is a melee weapon)
Wallace & Gromit-Anti Pesto hat (The descreption could be "A hat that shows you are a proud worker in Anti Pesto and look there is even a signature from Wallace")
Guybrush Threepwood-The Mighty Pirate (a wig that looks like Guybrush's hair), The Loyal first mate (Winslow's hat and it could say "There's 2 things a good first mate needs their pirate hat and a good map.) and another item could be called The Pirate Beard which is LeChuck's beard.

Anyway that's all I could think off but go ahead and share your ideas on what you think would be cool and fun TF2 unlocks :)

33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @wellgolly said: I've had a dude offer 75 bucks for my Max's head. Seriously.

    It's gotten to the point where I've stopped wearing it completely, because everyone has to comment on it. The first few days I got a few insulting remarks suggesting I only bought the game just for the bonus (times have changed, haven't they?), but now I just get plagued with offers.

    It'd probably be easier to just finally give it to somebody (there are very few times people aren't just trying to take advantage of me, by offering, like, a key), but I really like having those little souvenirs from my favorite game.

    Honestly, if Valve or Telltale want to re-release Max's Head, that'd be fine by me. Sure, it'd completely wreck up the economy, but I think it's high time something like this happened anyway, to keep people from taking it so danged serious.

    e: Also to Ryan: if anything can break it, this thing can. Check out its worth.
    and you should have seen the Lugermorph value before/after Poker Night 1 came out. I can finally use it without fear of harassment.

    Yeah i said that Earbuds and maybe Bill's hat would most likely be more rare but he said it was not saying Max's servered head is worth 2 earbuds.

  • User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED

    @ryannumber1gamer said: Yeah i said that Earbuds and maybe Bill's hat would most likely be more rare but he said it was not saying Max's servered head is worth 2 earbuds.

    Max's Severed head is worth 2 earbuds. I mean, the dude even gave you a site, it can't be that hard to search for Max's Head.

    The order of value goes like this:
    1. Bill's (lowest)
    2. Earbuds (medium)
    3. Max's Head (highest)

    And if you want the most accurate pricing, go to "backpack.tf" because it actually sets a number dependent on actual sales, rather then a person's evaluation of sales.

  • Also look at it like this. Most promotional stuff is added to the Mann co store later a little while after the game is out like the red tape recorder,the distinushed Rouge,Half-Zatoichi etc. If it was added as an unlockable/pre order bonus it would just follow other promotion items. As to people who already have the hat, they would have had it for 3 years and should get a vintage/genuine like The Lugermorph which was given to people who pre-ordered S&M Season 3 and then people who pre-ordered S&M Season 3 got vintage Lugermorph or at least that's what the TF2 wiki says.

  • User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED

    @ryannumber1gamer said: Also look at it like this. Most promotional stuff is added to the Mann co store later a little while after the game is out like the red tape recorder,the distinushed Rouge,Half-Zatoichi etc. If it was added as an unlockable/pre order bonus it would just follow other promotion items. As to people who already have the hat, they would have had it for 3 years and should get a vintage/genuine like The Lugermorph which was given to people who pre-ordered S&M Season 3 and then people who pre-ordered S&M Season 3 got vintage Lugermorph or at least that's what the TF2 wiki says.

    Yes, you've said that already, and I've already said that those items have never been and never will be in a position that Max's Head is in. THEY'RE DIFFERENT. THE FACT THAT THEY'RE PROMOTIONAL DOES NOT MAKE THEM THE SAME.

    Not to mention, oh how different were promos 3 years ago.

    It's like one moment it seems that you get it, but then you rant off on bullshit topics that have already been covered.

  • @Profanity said: It still wouldn't be exactly fair, because people have been spending money and things of according value for it for a while.


    I don't care for fair. I just want them to leave me alone.

  • Does anyone have the Linux penguin to trade?

  • @doom saber said: Does anyone have the Linux penguin to trade?

    I wasted a weekend to get it. So no. Mine is absolutely not for sale.

  • @Profanity said: Yes, you've said that already, and I've already said that those items have never been and never will be in a position that Max's Head is in. THEY'RE DIFFERENT. THE FACT THAT THEY'RE PROMOTIONAL DOES NOT MAKE THEM THE SAME.

    Not to mention, oh how different were promos 3 years ago.

    It's like one moment it seems that you get it, but then you rant off on bullshit topics that have already been covered.

    Dude no offence but you keep going over the same thing too and your argument just seems to be, ''its a rare item, people will be angry (Which they should not be since they had it for 3 years and should be given Vintage or Geniune versions.), and it will slow down trading greatly'' Again this is what the argument seems to me. Again i'm just saying but the hat along with the other items were pre-order bonus and i don't think too many people who have completely no interest in Sam & Max whats so ever will just randomly say ''Oh a new hat and some items, must pre-order for items and not play the game'' Also what about Sam's big kill? Something that should be as the same value as Max's Servered Head because the only way to get it was Pre-ordering Season 3. But you don't seem to have a problem with that.

    (On a small note, Max's servered head is not the rarest TF2 hat/item. They would be the top notch which is only owned by 1 person in the world. Notch the creator of Minecraft)

  • User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED

    @ryannumber1gamer said: Dude no offence but you keep going over the same thing too and your argument just seems to be, ''its a rare item, people will be angry (Which they should not be since they had it for 3 years and should be given Vintage or Geniune versions.), and it will slow down trading greatly'' Again this is what the argument seems to me. Again i'm just saying but the hat along with the other items were pre-order bonus and i don't think too many people who have completely no interest in Sam & Max whats so ever will just randomly say ''Oh a new hat and some items, must pre-order for items and not play the game'' Also what about Sam's big kill? Something that should be as the same value as Max's Servered Head because the only way to get it was Pre-ordering Season 3. But you don't seem to have a problem with that.

    (On a small note, Max's servered head is not the rarest TF2 hat/item. They would be the top notch which is only owned by 1 person in the world. Notch the creator of Minecraft)


    How daft do you have to be to miss every single point and spout out something even stupider than before?

    I just can't be bothered anymore.

    EDIT: Not a very nice way to put it, I'm aware.

    @ryannumber1gamer said: Does anyone have the Linux penguin to trade?

    Man, that thing was a bitch to get. Scared me off Linux forever. And I don't think it's really tradable, is it? Unless you got some gift wrap and any actual knowledge on the price of it, because people seem to be asking quite the shitload for it. Some of them think that this is the new buds or something, looking at the prices they're asking.

  • @Profanity said: And I don't think it's really tradable, is it?

    No, it isn't. Which is a good thing. Also this thing is the new earbuds. considering how hard it was to get it. And yeah. No desire for Linux any more after that weekend.:(

Add Comment