User Avatar Image

For those who chose Doug over Carley. Explain why.

posted by Abecedario on - last edited - Viewed by 3.3K users

Well, it seems we are a small % of people who actually decided to help Doug instead of Carley. I mainly decided not to save her because she seemed to be the only one who knew about Lee being a murderer so I considered her a threat, I know many people decided to save her because she was "hot", but come on guys, she confessed she was in love with doug.

It seems I may have missed a nice character but Doug ended up being a really cool guy.

"Wait. I know you know everything about this flashlight, I mean if you know anything about how it got broken"

I am sure a similar thread has been created before, but come on, what else are we supposed to talk about while we wait? :D

128 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Cause Carley wont say anything about your past to anyone.

• Carley did get more initial interaction, but I didn't have a particularly clear grasp of either character at that point. Scenes like Carley taking the risk to help you only to proceed to berate Glenn for wanting to save someone else didn't help matters.

The first time I played the scene with a friend I opted for Doug, considering he had several Walkers on him and Carley only had one loosely grasping her ankle... (Pistol whip that thing girl!) When I did my full playthrough later I ended up going with Carley. I did like Doug, but the extra dialogue about knowing your background seemed to grant for a more interesting story. Plus she's a sharpshooter.

• One of the main reasons was I didn't trust Carley
    She knew too much and couldn't even put batteries in a radio
    I liked Doug and I thought a Geek was more unique and would bring more to the group
    She was a risk to Lee and couldn't even do the most simple things
    Lilly never doubted Doug and purposefully shot Carley and only accidentally shot Doug
    Also Doug has a laser pen...

• First off, i always complete games like this more than once, so because of that, i have no problem making "bad decisions", in 1 playthrough.

I picked Doug because he seems like a stand up guy, not to mention Carly wanted to leave the girl trapped in the motorinn. For my first "goodie two shoes" playtrough it was Doug, then on my second one where i go all out ruthless badass, i will save Carly, and side with Kenny instead of Lilly. Probably kill the 2 brothers on the dairy aswell.

• I've picked Carly.

As saying it now, I picked her because she's a good shoot, she was nice to Clem, she could have told everyone who Lee really was the second he went out of sight yet she kept her promise, she also saved duck and the rest of the group.

I've saved Carly because she's a woman! Just as I've saved Duck because he was a kid.
    Yet I really wanted them both to live. Doug was a very nice guy and what was even more sad that in the end they said "He was there when you've found your brother"

In anyway... Carly -"How did you chose? We both needed you"
    Lee -"I was going to help you both.."

OH and people that are saying that people who chose Carly were thinking with their d**k, are very wrong..

• I chose Doug for a few reasons. For starters, he seemed more resourceful in general. Carly on the other hand, couldn't figure out friggin batteries and couldn't fight off a single walker grabbing her ankle at arm's length(stomp it gurrrl :P)! I just liked him better as well. Carly only seemed useful with a gun, and Doug set up an alarm system. Also, he seemed like he needed more help generally speaking(chest being grabbed versus ankle grab... Not a hard choice). Doug, I considered my bro, feeding him in episode two. Just my opinion though.

• User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED

@Videomixer said: I chose Doug for a few reasons. For starters, he seemed more resourceful in general. Carly on the other hand, couldn't figure out friggin batteries and couldn't fight off a single walker grabbing her ankle at arm's length(stomp it gurrrl :P)! I just liked him better as well. Carly only seemed useful with a gun, and Doug set up an alarm system. Also, he seemed like he needed more help generally speaking(chest being grabbed versus ankle grab... Not a hard choice). Doug, I considered my bro, feeding him in episode two. Just my opinion though.

Ma dawg.

• ^ Same as the above. Doug showed his resourcefulness. Carly didn't know how to put batteries into a radio.

• @inm8#2 said: ^ Same as the above. Doug showed his resourcefulness. Carly didn't know how to put batteries into a radio.

Unfortunately Doug's skills are a moot point for the most part. The supplies he needs are extremely scarce compared to the supplies Carley needs(says so himself), so he doesn't help the group very much at all compared to her.

He's a cool guy, though. I loved the line you can get for his stat screen at the end of ep 5. "You told him he was a weird guy. You weren't wrong." :D

• @Mornai said: Unfortunately Doug's skills are a moot point for the most part. The supplies he needs are extremely scarce compared to the supplies Carley needs(says so himself), so he doesn't help the group very much at all compared to her.

He's a cool guy, though. I loved the line you can get for his stat screen at the end of ep 5. "You told him he was a weird guy. You weren't wrong." :D

I disagree. Doug sets up that security system at the motel, for example. I'm not sure if someone else does that in the other path, though.

Add Comment