User Avatar Image

Season "extra" discussion, speculation & news

posted by Araron on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users

New Up at Noon is up guys with Gary Whitta. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsiavaPiZjQ .

Apparently,we will have more info on the SXSW GEEK stage,but we might also get something between Season 1 and 2,to ease (or worsen) our Season 2 wait.DLC maybe?

So whats your though on all of this? :)

115 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm assuming it will be called something like episode 5.5 or season 1.5(as you've said), and yes, I think you'll have to pay around $5 too.

• We don't even know if its actually going to be an episode/mini episode so its hard to speculate on price. I actually think it might not be, as all we know is that it will be "different".

Though they are building some hype for it so you figure it has to be something somewhat meaningful. To your question, I'd say if it is ep 1.5 where you play as a zombie following Lee and the gang from Macon to Savannah or whatever else itll be, it probably wont be free.

• As Sox said, we still don't know what this extra content is going to be. For all we know it could just be a browser-based flash game.

As far as I know, producing extra content is unprecedented for Telltale. I hope that it's free, but I wouldn't mind paying $5 or so if it's worth it.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

There's no precedent and there's no information yet. It's definitely not even clear if anything like a "bonus episode" (or "Season 1.5") is even envisioned (and I guess not).

• What if it's just a Ultimate edition or something with commentary and concept art? XD

• Oh, I definitely wouldn't mind paying, I was just curious what TTG's usual protocol was with this kind of thing. :)
    And I wouldn't mind concept art or a "game of the year edition"! Or even just a character profile-type thing. (Short stories on background for non-comic characters.)
    Pretty much I'm looking forward to anything, as I love teasers for upcoming games, background stories for established games, and TTG has proven over and over that they have a wonderful crew. Whether concept art or background stories, I know the DLC will be amazing. :)

• I know we don't even know what it is yet but I'm also hoping for an extra episode. I'm surprised there isn't more hype for it though given it's supposedly due sometime this Summer, it seems other sites are barely even acknowledging it or don't even know of it.

• It's hard to hype something when very little is known about it.

• @Kryik said: I know we don't even know what it is yet but I'm also hoping for an extra episode. I'm surprised there isn't more hype for it though given it's supposedly due sometime this Summer, it seems other sites are barely even acknowledging it or don't even know of it.

You have to keep in mind that all we have is an off the cuff remark by a writer in an interview. We have no official statement or anything. It might not even be happening.

• @corruptbiggins said: It's hard to hype something when very little is known about it.

@corruptbiggins said: You have to keep in mind that all we have is an off the cuff remark by a writer in an interview. We have no official statement or anything. It might not even be happening.

True but I'm used to this kind of thing getting people speculating. I wasn't complaining, just saying usually this would be all over the internet as it's not hard to hype up something little is known about at all in my experience.

Add Comment