User Avatar Image

If The stranger different

posted by hjwoolwine on - last edited - Viewed by 790 users

Whats up everybody.
If the stranger was more "together" or "normal"...not a psychopath who talked to a walker head in a bowling ball bag, would you have considered Clementine going with him an option?
I personally wouldn't have. F that dude and his self righteous attitude.
His kind of character is my problem with the show. (i haven't seen the show sense the season 2 break so maybe its different) Everyone talks like they have had it the worst. Like no one else has lost people. Everyone in the show( i.e. Rick) kept saying how they've had to do terrible things, and see terrible things to survive. Everyone that was still alive has seen messed up stuff. Everyone has to be more careful and more on their guard.
That's why you don't leave all your food out in the open, in a car that's wide open, with the lights on. He was blaming Lee and others for what had happened to him instead of taking responsibility and trying to make things better. Just trying to hold on to the past by stealing a little girl and recreating his family.
Any way I wanted to know what other thought? should Lee have always protected and stayed with Clem no matter what or was she better off with others?
sorry for spelling and grammar.

43 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Lee and The stranger are the same:

* Both are absurdly good at surviving (the car is unscratched and the stranger isn't even dirty)
    * Both are exceptionally intelligent and great problem solvers
    * Both take their child with them in dangerous situations due to paranoia
    * Their child survives mostly due to luck
    * Both mess up when they realise their child is gone (food; bite)
    * Without their child neither has anything to live for

If Clem died a few episodes back due to someone else's actions, Lee would be a black version of the stranger.

I think the point of the stranger is that the people in the game who cracked weren't necessarily weak. Rather they had just one thing they cared about, which they lost.

• @Skandis said: Lee and The stranger are the same:

* Both are absurdly good at surviving (the car is unscratched and the stranger isn't even dirty)
    * Both are exceptionally intelligent and great problem solvers
    * Both take their child with them in dangerous situations due to paranoia
    * Their child survives mostly due to luck
    * Both mess up when they realise their child is gone (food; bite)
    * Without their child neither has anything to live for

If Clem died a few episodes back due to someone else's actions, Lee would be a black version of the stranger.

I think the point of the stranger is that the people in the game who cracked weren't necessarily weak. Rather they had just one thing they cared about, which they lost.

I agree with most of your points... the stranger in my opinion isn't a great problem solver because how kidnapping a girl is a solution to Lee's bad choices, he's crazy and lost his mind due to the bad choice he made which costed his son's life and supplies. On the other hand Lee is sane and knows what's best for Clem, although it would be interesting to see how would Lee's journey proceed without Clem....but I guess if Telltale would have picked that path Lee would continue to live 'sanely' somehow, maybe he wouldn't have gotten bit in the first place and got out of Savannah safe with the group.

• The stranger just wasn't able to cope with his loss, and to be fair, not many of us would be able to do that, the man lost his wife 'n kids. That doesn't justify any of his actions, and kidnapping another kid, and getting it killed (just like his own 2) isn't gonna solve anything, but try to tell that to a man, who probably lost his faith in everything.
    He has nothing to hold on to, so he goes on a crazy revenge trip, it goes to show once more, that if people have nothing to lose, they can become quite dangerous.

• Thats what makes him weaker than Lee in every way. He acts as if he is the only who lost loved ones and knows what to do in tough situations, he just couldn't take it and the only thing he had left is revenge I understand that, but taking Clem was just selfish, anyway at least it taught Clem not to trust everyone she meets :D

• @ZeroShoot said: He has nothing to hold on to, so he goes on a crazy revenge trip, it goes to show once more, that if people have nothing to lose, they can become quite dangerous.

Foreshadowing_zpsbb592f2b.png

I don't think most people realize just how much massive foreshadowing is in that opening car ride.

• @Jaded X Gamer said: Foreshadowing_zpsbb592f2b.png

I don't think most people realize just how much massive foreshadowing is in that opening car ride.

Yeah, there are some people that fit with that; Irene, Jolene, Lilly and Campman.

Speaking of which, I could care less if he was different and not as psychotic, he crossed the line when he kidnapped Clementine

• @Domingez said: I agree with most of your points... the stranger in my opinion isn't a great problem solver because how kidnapping a girl is a solution to Lee's bad choices, he's crazy and lost his mind due to the bad choice he made which costed his son's life and supplies.

With problem solver I mean he possessed a fully stocked car, managed to stalk the entire group, tap into Clem's walkie-talkie, warn them and personally get to one of Savannah's most dangerous places unharmed.

If he wanted to kill Lee and take Clem he had plenty of opportunities. He just wants the man "responsible" to suffer as much as he did.

• Its not much of problem solving, he's highly intelligent thats how he got supplies and thats why he caught up with them in Savannah, hell we don't even know how he got there or what he encountered on the way.

• (My personally opinion, I don't care if you don't approve it.)

Yes, because it's would be best way for Clem. Even if she would be unhappy, sad... it's doesn't matter, she would be alive and in safety.

Just think about it, how she would escape from Savannah with Lee, if it were not for the zombie outside the door, whom guts Lee used for smudging Clem. If this zombie would not be there, how would Lee led Clementine through the crowd? And don't forget that Lee would die/turn in an hour or even less, Clem have just one bullet in Stranger's 'beretta 92'. So, I just want so say that Lee, and Clem had a great luck.

Add Comment