User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 14.2K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Beat story mode of LEGO Lord of the Rings. Now, I'm unlocking all the extra stuff.

It occurs to me that the reason why I like LEGO Star Wars II:OT so much is because I like the characters and settings of the Star Wars OOT so much. After I beat the story mode on LEGO Star Wars II, I was ready and willing to wander around and collect everything else because Star Wars is fun.

The same can not be said for LEGO Harry Potter or LEGO Batman. I love the Harry Potter books, but I love the story. I don't really have the same feeling for the movies' characters or settings that I have for those of the Star Wars OT, so I have little incentive to complete the other LEGO games beyond beating the story mode.

Now, that all being said, my wife loves LOTR, and she enjoys watching me play the LEGO LOTR game, so I continue to play it, and it's really very fun.

• Poker Night 2 made me get Borderlands 2 on discount. People hate on Claptrap too much. I actually like the little guy and I'm sure he'll do fine. Anyway, the game is a lot of fun, though the reinforcement-based combats make a sniper approach a lot more tedious than it ought to be.

• When people talk about Claptrap, why is it that they refer to Borderlands 2 and not the first Borderlands game?

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Because I think he was a tad less annoying in B2. I think. Haven't picked it up yet.

Currently playing Duke Nukem Forever: The Doctor Who Cloned Me (I'll get those achievements if it kills me) and Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition (to get around the crashes, I have to save at the start of each level, quit, restart the game and then load the savegame. It's tedious, but does let me get loads of stuff done in the background)

• @Chyron8472 said: When people talk about Claptrap, why is it that they refer to Borderlands 2 and not the first Borderlands game?

In my case, it's because I didn't play the first one.

• @Chyron8472 said: When people talk about Claptrap, why is it that they refer to Borderlands 2 and not the first Borderlands game?

Because Claptrap was a brand of robots in Borderlands and was not one character it was loads of different robots

Claptrap as a proper character is only in Borderlands 2

• Also Borderlands had a Kill Claptrap DLC that was so satisfying.
    And I personally think ScankRat was far more annoying in BL2 than he was in the first one.

On a different note: How the hell is anyone supposed to play La Mulana with those controls?
    Edit: 360 pad, I love you.

• Injustice: Gods Among Us on PS3. Loving it to death.

• I'm playing the first Bioshock. As far the gameplay goes, it is better than Bioshock Infinite. Expect it could use some regenerative health at times. :)

@ZeroShoot said: Great game, have fun :D

If we ignore the fact that it completely craps over the first game in the series by being almost nothing like it.

• No, it's worse than Bioshock Infinite in terms of gameplay. Maybe not at the beginning, but it certainly is at the end. Also, the absence of skyhooks is really detrimental.

Add Comment