User Avatar Image

Clementine hatred

posted by master psychic on - last edited - Viewed by 2.3K users

I see that some people on the forum now hate Clem for an odd reason .
Why ? Is it because that she got kidnapped by Campman and thus getting Lee bitten ? I mean people assume that Clem took of on her own and that it's her fault that Lee , Kenny and Ben are dead but if that's the case then why the hell did she drop her hat and the walkie - talkie considering those two are very important to her which pretty much means that she got kidnapped and din't ran away .
So do you guys hate her because of Lee's death ?
And also who do you guys blame more for Lee getting bitten : Clem or Campman , personally i blame Campman .

210 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Tazzle27 said: I don't hate Clementine, but I don't like her either.

You've said that you would shoot her if given the option, keep her out of season 2, and there are countless other post that are the same. But no you don't hate her now that there is a thread about it...weak..super weak.

• Clem shares some of the blame herself. If not for Lee, then at least for Kenny and Ben if he lived. Clem went to see the Stranger willingly, but got grabbed in the alley or the backyard. I'd say, that in Lee's case she only shares part of the blame, but if she had listened to Lee and stayed away from the guy, Lee would never have been in that position in the first place. I'm still a huge fan, and I could never hate her though.And, after Lee's death, she'll probably never do something like this again.

• @Corcline27 said: You've said that you would shoot her if given the option, keep her out of season 2, and there are countless other post that are the same. But no you don't hate her now that there is a thread about it...weak..super weak.

I said I'd shoot her if she was infected and was going to become a walker. I wouldn't shoot her for no reason. Also, I already stated why I didn't want her in season 2. Ill just go ahead and copy and paste it here

"my point is that it would be stupid if after everything Clem and Lee go through in the first game, they just throw another protagonist in place of lee and expect to get the same emotional investment. You cant expect Clementine to just forget about Lee because some new person arrived, it would make the first game lose all feeling.""

I have never said once that I hated Clementine

• @DreadMagus said: People hate Clem?

I literally just read a post where you said you would laugh if Clem died. And it wasn't the first time too. I always assumed that you were one of the people who did not like her?

• I don't see how anyone can hate Clem; she's just too adorable.

@ZeroShoot said:
    Well she's my favorite videogames character, and the others on my list are great chars like Gordon Freeman, Allistair (DA:O), Garrus Vakarian (ME trilogy), John Marston (RDR) and many more.

That's a pretty good list.

Even if I myself usually had Alistair abandon my party because I chose Loghain over him.

• @Cthulhu42 said:
    Even if I myself usually had Alistair abandon my party because I chose Loghain over him.

It's always fun to throw Alistair under the bus!

• @double_u said: It's always fun to throw Alistair under the bus!

Hell, I remember trolling both of them in a grins and giggles playthrough; threw Alistair under the bus, then went and let myself croak in the ending just so Loghain would hate himself for the rest of his life. :p

• Shale: Give me an order.
    Player: Attack Alistair.

Classic.

• I don't like children, but Clementine is awesome.

Just as there will always be that one dude who immediately dislikes a youtube video 2 seconds after it is uploaded, there will always be people who dislike the more popular aspects of a game.

• @double_u said: It's always fun to throw Alistair under the bus!

Indeed it is; throughout the game, Morrigan and I had quite a few laughs at his expense.

Add Comment