1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It was 50% off during the winter sale, but 75% off (or was it 80%?) during the Linux sale. If you're in Europe that would have made it slightly more expensive than the current GOG price.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Ah, the LINUX sale. Of course. Well done that (wo)man.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

I have to laugh about Ubisoft a little. :p

They're producing a remake of Flashback - and they're not only evading gog.com for this, no, as things stand, they don't even make a PC version at all!

Look at the youtube trailer comments, seriously. The young hipsters don't even know what this is supposed to be (while I, of course, have started drooling in reflex).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_W_tRZwpSYk

Ubi really thought the consoleros would be interested? Come ON.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

No PC? For reals? Oh, Ubisoft. You so crazy.

And stupid. Very, very stupid.

• Alrighty, first off we've got a price drop. Incredipede is now $9.99, down from 15 bucks. For releases, we've got Sword of the Stars: The Pit, which appears to be some kind of roguelike, turn based RPG for the launch price of $7.49. Also, you can pre-order Dyad, a psychadelic, music themed tunnel shooter puzzle game, for the launch price of $11.99.

• User Avatar Image
    Syd

@Vainamoinen said: I'm not sure about Don't Starve... will have to check what kind of gameplay it renders.

I've been playing the crap out of the Don't Starve beta on Steam. I enjoy it a lot (enough to pump over 130 hours into it) but it is indeed rather difficult and unforgiving, with almost no handholding and permadeath.

It's a wee bit like Minecraft or Terraria if they focused much less on building and much more on survival mechanics. There's a customizable sandbox-y hub world which can go on as long as you're capable of surviving in it, as well as an adventure mode you can access within that hub world which is where the game's story takes place.

• @Syd said: I've been playing the crap out of the Don't Starve beta on Steam. I enjoy it a lot (enough to pump over 130 hours into it) but it is indeed rather difficult and unforgiving, with almost no handholding and permadeath.

It's a wee bit like Minecraft or Terraria if they focused much less on building and much more on survival mechanics. There's a customizable sandbox-y hub world which can go on as long as you're capable of surviving in it, as well as an adventure mode you can access within that hub world which is where the game's story takes place.

I dunno, it's not as hard as I expected. It's real simple to get hang of the mechanics in a couple of hours, which will let you survive anything. And then there's really not much to do, just sit by and wait until something random tries to kill you and fails.

Not gonna play until the full release, maybe they'll amp up the survival a bit more and add more shit.

• User Avatar Image
    Syd

@Profanity said: I dunno, it's not as hard as I expected. It's real simple to get hang of the mechanics in a couple of hours, which will let you survive anything. And then there's really not much to do, just sit by and wait until something random tries to kill you and fails.

Not gonna play until the full release, maybe they'll amp up the survival a bit more and add more shit.

I suppose I should clarify that the sandbox isn't very difficult unless you ramp up the settings, but adventure mode certainly is. Sandbox is in a much better state difficulty-wise than it was before, though, since the addition of winter and the sanity meter.

I do think that there should be more late-game threats in the survival hub world, and hopefully those will be added in the post-launch updates.

• @Syd said: I suppose I should clarify that the sandbox isn't very difficult unless you ramp up the settings, but adventure mode certainly is. Sandbox is in a much better state difficulty-wise than it was before, though, since the addition of winter and the sanity meter.

I do think that there should be more late-game threats in the survival hub world, and hopefully those will be added in the post-launch updates.

Oh, that might explain it. I only tried the first level of Adventure Mode and intentionally killed myself, because it wasn't finished and I didn't wanna ruin the experience for later on, when it does get finished.

Add Comment