User Avatar Image

TWD, AMC, Season 3... Sucked.

posted by J_Scheff on - last edited - Viewed by 534 users

Was it just me or Did season 3 suck something awful? I mean the first half was pretty cool and set it up for something sweet. The Episode Clear was one of my favorites of all time. But the finale, and Season 3 as a whole was a big let down. Nothing really happened and nothing was resolved. Not to mention the attempt to make the Governor as evil as he is in the comics was done terribly. Lots of his "evil" scenes were forced and somewhat cheesy. I am a die hard fan of TWD but just extremely disappointed.

43 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Kryik said: Don't worry, the new showrunner for S4 has been responsible for what many say are the best episodes of the show, like Clear.

    No way? That is good, Clear was my favorite out of this season. Pretty much dead already was my favorite of season 2, and my favorite of one was the Pilot, Days Gone By. All those episodes are ones that focus more on the human aspect of the universe. They are also slower, but with big cinematic elements and good dialog.

    I never really liked the Glen Mazara or whatever guy. I liked Frank a lot, but the person behind Clear was excellent. You have renewed a small amount of hope for me in the show!

  • nevermind, the post was bullshit :D (edited, don't know how to delete)

  • @zev_zev said: This seems to be the fourth showrunner. The last of them - Glenn Mazara said "I didn't like the way which series began to follow ", or something like that. What if he tryed to follow the comics scenario, but the AMC did not want to follow the scenario of the comic, so Glenn Mazara decided to leave?

    I think it was something like that, it's hard to get the full story with these things :// From what I understand, Robert Kirkman and a few others had problems with the direction Glenn Mazarra wanted to take the series so he's left or been fired. I dunno if it's because he wanted to stick too closely to the comic or deviate too much from it ://
    I think I heard Frank Darabont was fired because AMC wanted to cut the budget by 20-something % yet up S2 from 6 to 13 episodes, which probably sounded crazy so he refused.

  • @Kryik said: I think it was something like that, it's hard to get the full story with these things :// From what I understand, Robert Kirkman and a few others had problems with the direction Glenn Mazarra wanted to take the series so he's left or been fired. I dunno if it's because he wanted to stick too closely to the comic or deviate too much from it ://
    I think I heard Frank Darabont was fired because AMC wanted to cut the budget by 20-something % yet up S2 from 6 to 13 episodes, which probably sounded crazy so he refused.

    Yeah and Frank was accustomed to movie production, and wanted to spend more money and take more time to produce a better quality production, so they let him go. Freaking idiots. I always noticed Glenn didnt understand what Robert had done and is still doing. He didnt keep to the flavor of Frank and Robert.

    It also makes sense that Glenn wanted to deviate more, he was the man in charge of season 3, he deviated a lot, and ended it in a terrible way complete opposite of the comics. I bet they fired him because of that. They need to bring back Frank or at least someone who knows what the show is really about.

  • @J_Scheff said: No way? That is good, Clear was my favorite out of this season. Pretty much dead already was my favorite of season 2, and my favorite of one was the Pilot, Days Gone By. All those episodes are ones that focus more on the human aspect of the universe. They are also slower, but with big cinematic elements and good dialog.

    I never really liked the Glen Mazara or whatever guy. I liked Frank a lot, but the person behind Clear was excellent. You have renewed a small amount of hope for me in the show!

    I've just checked and the new guy Scott Gimple was behind "Save The Last One", "Pretty Much Dead Already" and "18 Miles Out" for S2, and "Hounded", "Clear" and "This Sorrowful Life" for S3. I'm unsure if I can remember some of those but I guess we have them to go on.
    I like a few of Glen Mazzara's episodes but ultimately I wish Frank Darabont had stayed to see where he was going with it, plus it sounds like it sucks to basically get fired from the show it was your idea to put on the air ://

  • I agree, I don't think any of the episodes besides clear really topped the first 4 episodes of season 3. Also, the finale was super weak, imo. It wasn't that I didn't like it or it was poorly done, but I would have took it in a far more exciting direction given the opportunity.

  • Yes Darabont was pissed that he would have to produce twice the episodes, with only 80% of the budget, so he spoke up, trying to get more budget, which resulted in him loosing the job...

    However it is... mind blowing to try to understand what is happening over at AMC. People get hired & fired all the time.

  • @Kryik said: I've just checked and the new guy Scott Gimple was behind "Save The Last One", "Pretty Much Dead Already" and "18 Miles Out" for S2, and "Hounded", "Clear" and "This Sorrowful Life" for S3. I'm unsure if I can remember some of those but I guess we have them to go on.
    I like a few of Glen Mazzara's episodes but ultimately I wish Frank Darabont had stayed to see where he was going with it, plus it sounds like it sucks to basically get fired from the show it was your idea to put on the air ://

    We are just about eye to eye on this. Frank was the creator of the show, and because he wanted it to be better they fired him. As much as I like AMC they really have F*cked up the potential of this show.

  • "18 Miles Out" - one of my favorate episodes in all seasons. There are many people who say that S2 was boring, I don't think so, we saw a great disclosure of characters + not too many good soundtrack (I think that in S3 they used too many soundracks which were not to the point, it's not good). About boring... the real boring is the 40% of season 3, and I'm not one of those people who need action, and which evaluate the episode, the number of gun shoots. Seriously was in game a lot of action? No, it was 90% of dialogs, and that was more epic then all "Resident evil" movie serios, and more epic than all S3.

  • @zev_zev said: There are many people who say that S2 was boring, I don't think so,


    Me neither, it was a hell of a lot better than the most episodes from season 3, and the finale was awesome. The whole Sophia thing was too long though, but that's about everything bad I can say about S2, the group dynamics were interesting, you couldn't tell who's gonna loose it at some point. And some characters went through a huge development as for example Shane, who was a completely new person, and who wasn't predictable.

    @zev_zev said: About boring... the real boring is the 40% of season 3, and I'm not one of those people who need action, and which evaluate the episode, the number of gun shoots. Seriously was in game a lot of action? No, it was 90% of dialogs, and that was more epic then all "Resident evil" movie serios, and more epic than all S3.

    Gotta agree to that, action is neccesarry of course, but overuse it, and it gets boring. Some nice walker kills are a must-have for the show, like for example Michonne's walker kill in "This sorrowful life" while she is tied to the pillar. But pointless shooting is never a good replacement for story and good characters. One fact I hate is, that they have so much ammo, takes away a part of the "survival-feeling".

Add Comment