User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 192.8K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Being a pianist, and also having a job in which manual dexterity in both hands is absolutely essential, having a finger cut off is absolutely terrifying to me. Actually, we had this seminar about face transplants where the speaker asked us whether we'd rather have a leg transplant, a hand transplant, or a face transplant (if we could only have one and were missing all three). He was expecting everyone to wish they had the face, but I totally messed up his whole thing by saying I'd give up face and mobility for hands.

• I would pick leg. I could wear a super villain mask and have a guybrush hook to replace them.

• I'd pick the face. I can get prosthetic legs, and I don't really have hands in the conventional sense, so... yeah.

• It might be kind of fun to tape a different drawing as your face every day. Of course, I'd need hands to draw it.

• I wouldn't ask for any of the three. I don't need a face...might just wear my old one as a mask, like the Joker. And I don't need hands or legs...I can get automail.

• Off to London today, 6 hour coach ride to look forward to. What fun.

• @StrongBrush1 said: I'd pick the face. I can get prosthetic legs, and I don't really have hands in the conventional sense, so... yeah.

Plus if you can't run they will take you out back.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@corruptbiggins said: Off to London today, 6 hour coach ride to look forward to. What fun.

Tuck yourself up with a few snacks and games, it'll fly by. Have a great time!

• @Alcoremortis said: Being a pianist, and also having a job in which manual dexterity in both hands is absolutely essential, having a finger cut off is absolutely terrifying to me. Actually, we had this seminar about face transplants where the speaker asked us whether we'd rather have a leg transplant, a hand transplant, or a face transplant (if we could only have one and were missing all three). He was expecting everyone to wish they had the face, but I totally messed up his whole thing by saying I'd give up face and mobility for hands.

Oh god I have no idea what I'd do if I was still playing cello.

• Well, given it's only the tip of your finger, and it sounds like you got to the emergency room in time, I don't think you'll have any long term movement problems that would really affect playing the cello anyways. I was more extrapolating to anything that would cut off a joint. And now I can't stop my hands from writhing.

This discussion has been closed.