User Avatar Image

TWD, AMC, Season 3... Sucked.

posted by J_Scheff on - last edited - Viewed by 640 users

Was it just me or Did season 3 suck something awful? I mean the first half was pretty cool and set it up for something sweet. The Episode Clear was one of my favorites of all time. But the finale, and Season 3 as a whole was a big let down. Nothing really happened and nothing was resolved. Not to mention the attempt to make the Governor as evil as he is in the comics was done terribly. Lots of his "evil" scenes were forced and somewhat cheesy. I am a die hard fan of TWD but just extremely disappointed.

43 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @zev_zev said: "18 Miles Out" - one of my favorate episodes in all seasons. There are many people who say that S2 was boring, I don't think so, we saw a great disclosure of characters + not too many good soundtrack (I think that in S3 they used too many soundracks which were not to the point, it's not good). About boring... the real boring is the 40% of season 3, and I'm not one of those people who need action, and which evaluate the episode, the number of gun shoots. Seriously was in game a lot of action? No, it was 90% of dialogs, and that was more epic then all "Resident evil" movie serios, and more epic than all S3.

Exactly, lack of action doesnt make something boring, its lack of good storytelling that makes something truly boring. And that is what happened with season 3, tried to get too action packed and tried to surprise you too much. Well every series has to have a crappy season i suppose, lets just hope they can pull it out and make something worth watching for next season!

• My biggest complain is about the amount of redshirts in the show. The prisoners, Allen's family and others that had great potential were introduced only to be killed.

• @Kaserkin said: My biggest complain is about the amount of redshirts in the show. The prisoners, Allen's family and others that had great potential were introduced only to be killed.

I will agree with the prisoners, but it was good that Allen's family died. They were terrible, and I hated them from the start. At least we got to keep Sasha and Tyrease (however you spell his name) I wish that Morgan was with the group tho!

• Oh joy, an opportunity to rant about the show. Everyone pay attention to me. Quiet back there! Ready? Now we will begin.

The Walking Dead TV Series is horrible. Season 2 wasn't the worst because the characters had nothing to do, it was the worst because the show's writers were painfully aware they had nothing to do, and thus insisted on throwing in one moment of zombie-related tension per episode. The problem is they didn't seem to know how to do this without completely robbing the characters of basic cognitive functions, forcing you to wonder how in the blue hell these people survived in the first place. There is no greater example than the time they chuck Glenn down a well.

Please, for the sake of my sanity, somebody tell me why they shoved Glenn down a well. 'we need to save the water, it might not be contaminated' Rick says, as the fat zombie with oozing wounds paddles around doggy style. How much more freakin' contaminated can you get? How are you gonna' test it? Don't look at me, I ain't drinking zombie ass water. They then tie Glenn's safety line to a rusty old tap, instead of oh I don't know, THE BACK OF THE CARAVAN.

Season 3 started off pretty well (although for some reason T-Dog was using a spear) by having Rick straight up murder an enemy first episode. Time was he would've spent several episodes trying to make peace (Shane). But the show quickly descends into it's usual atrocious writing. The writers just can't seem to make up their minds on how to portray the Governor - dangerously troubled or cackling slasher flick villian. I was laughing when he chased Andrea, whistling a cheery tune and scraping a weapon along the wall like Freddy Krugar.

@ZeroShoot said: Me neither, it was a hell of a lot better than the most episodes from season 3, and the finale was awesome.

Don't even get me started on the season 2 finale. Head-shooting zombies perfectly from a car zooming along bumpy ground during midnight. Nobody in the world could pull off those shots.

• @Drake Sigar said:
    Don't even get me started on the season 2 finale. Head-shooting zombies perfectly from a car zooming along bumpy ground during midnight. Nobody in the world could pull off those shots.

From that point of view, you're right, but don't you get me started on "guns" and "realism" in tv shows/movies/games, I've seen worse... silencers making quiet "pfffffzzzzz" noises, in season 3 actually, while in real life the gun still is very loud, even with a fat giant silencer on it. That thing is no magic tube that makes sound disappear. The good ol' pillow-silencer won't work in real life, the governor shooting way more rounds with his AUG than its clip can hold, without reloading of course etc.

I was talking about how the actors pulled off that emotional Shane vs Rick showdown, and they did very well, especially Andrew Lincoln as Rick.

• I find the tv show to be average at best with some moments of above average. It's entertaining but it's nowhere near the quality of writing as other acclaimed tv series.

Season 3.5 was boring and dumb.

• @ZeroShoot said: From that point of view, you're right, but don't you get me started on "guns" and "realism" in tv shows/movies/games, I've seen worse... silencers making quiet "pfffffzzzzz" noises, in season 3 actually, while in real life the gun still is very loud, even with a fat giant silencer on it. That thing is no magic tube that makes sound disappear. The good ol' pillow-silencer won't work in real life, the governor shooting way more rounds with his AUG than its clip can hold, without reloading of course etc.

I was talking about how the actors pulled off that emotional Shane vs Rick showdown, and they did very well, especially Andrew Lincoln as Rick.

Just to nitpick, the AUG has a magazine, not a clip. :p

And yeah, I tend to turn my brain off when it comes to that kind of thing too; e.g. the governor firing that same weapon right-handed when by definition, he's now left eye dominant. Basic marksmanship, you need to use whichever hand is on the same side as your dominant eye.

• How about the fact that the most vulnerable member of the group, an old man with one leg, is able to survive longer than some of the most able-bodied survivors. Forgive me if it sounds kinda silly and ridiculous. Still, I can't complain since I watch :3

• Season 3 was bad because of Andrea in the finale. - Sobs -

• @Rommel49 said: Just to nitpick, the AUG has a magazine, not a clip. :p

I never understood the difference, but you're probably right.

Add Comment