User Avatar Image

Sonic The Hedgehog Thread

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited - Viewed by 2.8K users

Sonic the hedgehog is a great video game character. Now i never had to do this before but i feel since this is a thread about Sonic i need to set some rules.

1.While you may talk about the bad Sonic games please don't turn this thread into a rant about Sonic being good then bad then starting to get good since Sonic Unleashed's day time levels.

2.This is a thread for fans of Classic Sonic,Modern Sonic, & fans of both so please respect others opinions.

3.Please no huge rants about Modern Sonic.

4.No huge rants about Sonic Characters/Sonic having too many friends. You may talk about Sonic characters you hate and why you hate them but no huge rants about Sonic being the only good Sonic Character.

I'm sorry about all those rules but this being a Sonic thread i felt i needed to set some ground rules.

You can talk about Sonic Games,Sonic Characters,Sonic Comics,Sonic cartoons and anything Sonic. You can even talk about Mario here.

Anyway he has been in loads of video games, A lot good, Some Bad. My question is what is your favorite Sonic game? Mine is a tie between Sonic Generations,Sonic Adventure DX, & Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.

107 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @ParadoxalMindElla1 said: Speaking of fan films... I present to you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoMMMalj9Fw (This is the worst fan film ever. It can make you laugh so hard (unfortunately not because it's meant to be funny) that you won't be able to breath and you'll die. Watch this at your own risk.)

Yeah i'll admit after watching that it was pretty bad.

First off, really? 2 Sonic fans who sing the word ''Sega'' at the start of Sonic 2 are randomly picked by Sonic & Shadow to help them? Second, they just wear a blue shirt and blue shorts to try look like Sonic and the same for Shadow. It reminds me of Sonic the human videos which are actually pretty funny because its meant to be a joke. Third It just looks like Sonic,Shadow etc were just thrown in using photoshop. So in my opinion this was pretty bad.

• I bought Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) (aka Sonic 06) a while back and even though I like it, there's just other games I'll rather play instead.

The game is broken yes, but it doesn't mean that it's not fun to play it.

Heck, the soundtrack is a joy to listen to.

• @Phil_TWD said: I bought Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) (aka Sonic 06) a while back and even though I like it, there's just other games I'll rather play instead.

The game is broken yes, but it doesn't mean that it's not fun to play it.

Heck, the soundtrack is a joy to listen to.

I have to agree, Sonic 06 really has potential to be good. I wish that SEGA makes a PC version with fixed bugs, glitches, etc. I have to admit that I like the storyline, I know it’s a bit complicated but it’s also kinda dynamic. And I think that Memphiles is a great villain (come on, he actually managed to kill Sonic! Did you see Eggman or Metal Sonic do that?) Of course, if SEGA ever makes a reboot of the game, I hope they’ll remove Elise from it, I don’t know – replace her with a female hedgehog created only for that game (like Tikal in SA) or even better, make Amy revive Sonic, not Elise. And make Elise appear only as a friend, it makes everything less... creepy.About the soundtrack, I belive most would agree that it is simply awesome. Theme songs are simply amazing.Thank you for reading this wall of text.

• Everyone! I heard that SEGA confirmed it:

Sonic Adventure 3 is coming! :D

Let's celebrate! :D

• Just google "sonic adventure 3". You'll get lots of pages talking about it, even ign.

• Googling "Sonic Adventure 3" just gave me a bunch of fan material and rumors that a new Sonic game would be announced either in February or on 3/3/13 (which it wasn't), and more rumors that its internal codename is supposedly "Sonic Adventure 3". And that IGN result appears to be someone's personal blog set up on the IGN site.

• @ParadoxalMindElla1 said: Just google "sonic adventure 3". You'll get lots of pages talking about it, even ign.

No, that's not providing a source. I could Google "Ocarina of Time 2" and find dozens of sites talking about it - that doesn't make it a real thing. When someone asks you to provide the source for a news story like this, you don't tell them to go find it themselves.

Now, let's try that again.

Please provide the location where you heard that Sonic Adventure 3 has been confirmed.

• If SEGA is calling the project "Sonic Adventure 3", even though it not the official name, I'm calling it that way until it gets a new name. That's why I said that "Sonic Adventure 3" is coming.

http://www.tssznews.com/2012/11/07/sega-reveals-their-plans-for-new-sonic-games-in-2013/

• If Sonic the Fighters was only 1 of the digital releases like the thing you linked to says then what could be the others? Sonic 3 is already on Xbox. Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 is already out. The only Sonic game i can think that it could be is Sonic 3D or Sonic R. Unless its not a re-release and a new digital Sonic game.

Add Comment