User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 91.8K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • 7bTOXN6.png

Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated is now the best Scooby Doo show. No contest.

• I seriously want another Walking Dead series. They break your heart and leave you wondering. What the hell?

If anyone knows anything about another TWD series. Please message me.

• @Secret Fawful said: Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated is now the best Scooby Doo show. No contest.

Wait. Scooby Doo was in Twin Peaks?

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Rather Dashing said: Crime is lower now.

People are just more aware now.

And I'd wager that people actually locking their doors doesn't hurt in lowering crime rates either. ;)

It just goes to show that most older people were more trusting in some ways even when they were young, than most of today's young people.

Like how my mom would spout off some stuff she'd heard on the news that was obviously littered with opinions and half-truths, and when I told her that you can't always believe what you hear, she'd say that when she was growing up, everything on the news was fact (and she was actually quite surprised to hear that television news has been biased for as long as television has been around).

Luckily, my mom's not one of those people who are dead-set in her ways (she's open to things like Snopes). My mom's boyfriend on the other hand... everything he hears on Fox News is indisputable fact, and he won't listen to any evidence against it (his answer to anything that goes against what he hears is "I don't know, but it still doesn't change the fact"). That would be a subject for a completely different study though. ;)

• Well Futurama is being cancelled... yet again. My day has officially been ruined.

They blame declining ratings. you know what doesn't help ratings? Airing halves of seasons at random times of the year with no advertising until the week before the first episode.

• @Johro said: Well Futurama is being cancelled... yet again. My day has officially been ruined.

Would you rather it became the current Simpsons?

• @Profanity said: Would you rather it became the current Simpsons?

The quality wasn't declining.

• @Johro said: The quality wasn't declining.

Well I don't know about that, because I don't watch it, but really, if something has 7 seasons, it's time to prepare for it to go to shit.

Shame that it's being cancelled if it showed no signs of going to shit, though.

• @Johro said: Well Futurama is being cancelled... yet again. My day has officially been ruined.

They blame declining ratings. you know what doesn't help ratings? Airing halves of seasons at random times of the year with no advertising until the week before the first episode.

Fuck.

This discussion has been closed.