User Avatar Image

Futurama Thread

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users

This year, on the 10th of June, the first episode of Futurama season 6 will go to air :)! This will be the first official Futurama episode (excluding the feature length films) since 2003; 7 years (for those who can't count)! It's fittingly called "Rebirth", and will be the first of the 13 episodes in season 6, and then a season 7 is also planned - we'll be having a total 26 new episodes! The whole original voice-acting cast is back and Matt Groening and David X. Cohen are still heading the team and writing episodes!

Now, I've known about this for quite a while now - as I'm sure most of you have as well - but actually getting an official release date and episode title just makes it seem that much more real and make me, personally, that much more excited. So how about you? Are you excited about the television return of Futurama? Or are you worried that it may be a failure and forever tarnish your opinion of Futurama? Will the episodes live up to the old ones? And how did you think the feature length films fared against the classic episodes?

Opinions and speculation please.

124 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think Bender's Game is the worst. I don't think it's bad but i think it's worst when compared to the rest. Don't get me wrong i think from the start until the part where they go to Bender's dream world is great but it's more of the second half where i start getting bored.

• I felt the movies weren't structured awfully well - dunno if they were any better episodically?

I've just bought the DVD of the subsequent series and two episodes in, am not impressed. Just doesn't seem like "Futurama" at all. :(

• Bender~ Kiss my shiny metal ass. Bender will be and always will be my favorite character. :)

• @FitzoliverJ said: I felt the movies weren't structured awfully well - dunno if they were any better episodically?

I've just bought the DVD of the subsequent series and two episodes in, am not impressed. Just doesn't seem like "Futurama" at all. :(

The first three or four episodes after the return were frankly not very good. Actually I'd say they were pretty awful. After that the show seriously picked up, and there were a lot of excellent episodes. The most recent half-season was a bit more even -- there weren't any episodes that I would point to as spectacular, but they were mostly pretty solid.

I agree the movies weren't as great as they could have been, though I liked the last two more than the first two.

• Futurama Into the Wild Green Yonder

This is the last series of four straight-to-DVD Futurama movies. And i am waiting for the another ones to coming...

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

It's been cancelled again. :( Comedy Central decided not to renew Futurama due to declining ratings.

If another network decides to pick up Futurama, I hope they do so immediately. The staff seems to take a while getting back into the groove after a cancellation. The quality picked up at the middle of season 6 and continued through the episodes we've seen so far of season 7, but the films (season 5) and the beginning of season 6 were pretty uneven.

• I love the films. Only one I didn't like was the third one.

• Not Futurama, Futurama is on Sky one in the UK and i don't think we have gotten past season 6. I think the next new episode is the one where some alien wants to find out which gender is best then switches Planet Express' genders by mistake.

• Personally my favorite film was Beast with the Billion Backs :/

Add Comment