User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 183.5K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • [Inappropriately timed laugh track]

• I want to hire this guy to paint my backgrounds.
    StumblingAss.png

That coloring applied to this:
    8669605173_d31c462759_c.jpg

Good. Good.

• Funny story. I worked with that guy on Picaroon. And by worked I mean did nothing to help and did more to stall the project than do anything worthwhile, to my regret. So I think he hates me.

• If they offered free beer to intelligent people, and you're intelligent, how much beer can you drink before you no longer qualify?

• Finally a screenshot of the PC version of FEZ:

http://puu.sh/2Fzze.png

Remember kids. It's a console game for consoles. PCs are for spreadsheets.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@WarpSpeed said: If they offered free beer to intelligent people, and you're intelligent, how much beer can you drink before you no longer qualify?

Nonono, Warpy. Not "free beer to intelligent people". "Free beer for intelligent people"! As in, a good exchange, just hand them over the counter.

@WarpSpeed said: Finally a screenshot of the PC version of FEZ:

http://puu.sh/2Fzze.png

I think I play enough of THAT game already.

• @Secret Fawful said: Funny story. I worked with that guy on Picaroon. And by worked I mean did nothing to help and did more to stall the project than do anything worthwhile, to my regret. So I think he hates me.

Lol. How did you stall it?

• Well, when you're supposed to be doing something and you're doing nothing, and people are expecting productivity from you.....

That does kind of stall things until they realize you're a lazy prick.

• @Secret Fawful said: Well, when you're supposed to be doing something and you're doing nothing, and people are expecting productivity from you.....

That does kind of stall things until they realize you're a lazy prick.

You were just... Busy planning your own game.

• @DAISHI said: You were just... Busy planning your own game.

The two biggest things causing me to not do well were such:

I just kept doing shitty art
    I was supposed to write, but I kept getting writer's block and then did nothing

They used one of my designs (an inventor), but Zyndicate had to polish it, and he basically ended up taking over for me on art. This was a few years ago now, though.

I've learned a lot of lessons, and I'm more responsible. I still fall back into lack of focus though. It was a really valuable experience, even if it paints me in a really shitty light. I don't run away from my mistakes, though.

This discussion has been closed.