User Avatar Image

Steam Sale Spotlight

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 46.5K users

Hereupon exists a place to discuss current Steam Spotlight deals and your opinion of the games' value and/or the sale price.

4.9K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Darth Marsden said: You could do what I do and get a device that plugs into an internal hard drive and lets you use it like an external one. Like this:

SBT-EBU25.jpg

If you shop around, you can find one for $25 or so. Useful if you have several old hard drives hanging around and want a bit of extra storage space.

Well... part of the problem is that the computer is a laptop. And the rest of it is... extensive to say the least. The computer is completely nonfunctional. Actually, I think I had it backwards. The motherboard was what detached, but it did detach from the hard drive. And everything else.

• Some new Daily Deals over at GamersGate.

- 75% off Final Fantasy XI Online: Ultimate Collection: Seeker's Edition: Title Explosion (not on Steam, but it's a fraction of the price Steam currently has it for, so...)
    - 75% off Front Mission Evolved
    - 85% off Red Orchestra II: Heroes of Stalingrad
    - 75% off Tropico IV: Collector's Bundle (I don't think this is Steam though)

• @Darth Marsden said: You could do what I do and get a device that plugs into an internal hard drive and lets you use it like an external one. Like this:

SBT-EBU25.jpg

If you shop around, you can find one for $25 or so. Useful if you have several old hard drives hanging around and want a bit of extra storage space.

As the picture shows, it's called a "hard drive enclosure."

@Darth Marsden said: Well... part of the problem is that the computer is a laptop.

Desktop HDD's are 3.5"; Laptop HDD's are 2.5". So what you need is a 2.5" hard drive enclosure. [edit]Come to think of it, Marsden's picture there is of a laptop hard drive enclosure.[/edit]

As Marsden said, they're not expensive. I may google for one for you later.

• @Chyron8472 said:
    Desktop HDD's are 3.5"; Laptop HDD's are 2.5". So what you need is a 2.5" hard drive enclosure. [edit]Come to think of it, Marsden's picture there is of a laptop hard drive enclosure.[/edit]

Well, that's only part of the problem.

The main part of the problem... is that the computer doesn't work. At all. The motherboard is detached from everything and that is a three hundred dollar repair job for a five year old computer. And even then, the information on that computer may not be intact and I might just be resurrecting it for a clean wipe.

• It's not about ressurecting the computer, it's about ripping the hard drive out and using a cheap adapter to hook the drive up to another, working computer as an external drive.

• User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED

Is resonance related to those Blackwell games? Some sort of sequel or whatever?

• @Profanity said: Is resonance related to those Blackwell games? Some sort of sequel or whatever?

Nope. Not connected in any narratively significant way.

• @Profanity said: Is resonance related to those Blackwell games? Some sort of sequel or whatever?

No, it's just published by the same guys. Other than that, completely unrelated.

• User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED

Just got it and holy crap, it even has that little oldschool counter in the top right.

This thing looks awesome.

• Daily Deal is 66% off...

capsule_467x181.jpg

Midweek Madness deals:

spotlight_image_english.jpg and spotlight_image_english.jpg

I know which one I'm getting (hint: it's the one I already have).

Also, if you were interested in the Post Mortem/Still Life series, they're available as a bundle from the IndieGala store for a fair bit less than they are on Steam. Just a heads up.

EDIT: Want some cheap Elder Scrolls games? Course you do.

Add Comment