User Avatar Image

Would you kill Vernon?

posted by HarjKS on - last edited - Viewed by 743 users

If in Season 2 you had the choice whether or not to murder Vernon would you do it?

I would as he decided not to tell the group about the horde (indirectly causing Ben, Kenny, Lee's and possibly Christa, Omids and Mollys deaths). He stole the boat, and he was just a d*** in general even considering to kill Lee when they had just met.

But would you kill him or let him live?

87 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Nope. I'd let him live. If we get a choice, Vernon's death will probably pop up when Clementine is watching. Clem didn't know that Vernon stole the boat in season 1, and I wouldn't want the relationship between Clem and the new PC to be strained from the start.

• I'd like to punch him for Lee, Kenny, and Ben, but I don't think I'd kill him unless he gave me a reason ten and there.

• He did what he needed to do for his people's sake, wouldn't we have done the same things for our group? As for me that depends on what exactly, stolen a boat? Probably not, considering to kill a stranger? Probably yes.

But to come back to your question... for the fact, that he did not tell us about the horde - and there really was no good explanation for doing so - I would kill him. But not in front of Clem that is :o

• No he did what was best for his group and is no worse than Kenny stealing from the RV...

• I'd kill him in a second. He met us, talked to us, knew how we were struggling and had Clementine to look after and in the end he still stole our boat which was our only way out of the city AND didnt tell us about the horde. And is it MUCH WORSE than Kenny stealing from the RV,

• @Zeruis said: Nope. I'd let him live. If we get a choice, Vernon's death will probably pop up when Clementine is watching. Clem didn't know that Vernon stole the boat in season 1, and I wouldn't want the relationship between Clem and the new PC to be strained from the start.

It could also be strained if you tell someone else to kill him, because that's what I thought up some time ago.

@Zeruis said: If Molly learns what he did to Lee and his crew after everything they did to help him and his people, then she'll want to kill him by impaling Hilda right in to his skull. The player will then be given the choice to either spare him by getting Molly to back off or kill him by agreeing with Molly and let her stab his brains out.

To answer the question, Yes, I would kill him. What he did was just downright selfish, even if he was just looking out for his people. If Clementine does disapprove of it, then I would try to help her to understand why I did it.

• I want to skullfuck him with a chainsaw, so mark me down with a big-ol' "hell yeah."

• Yes. I get he's doing what's best for his group, but if it's done at the cost of my group then that makes us enemies. His entire group will swim with the fishes if I ever run into them in season two.

Add Comment