User Avatar Image

Ash's voice actor?

posted by FlotsamX on - last edited - Viewed by 3.5K users

Who voices Ash in the Poker Night 2 trailer? Lots of people are saying it's not Bruce Campbell, but I can sorta hear him. It's been 22 years since Army of Darkness came out, after all; his voice was liable to change.

74 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Pak-Man said: It's a voice in a $5 poker game. No it isn't. :^)

Would I have loved to hear Michael J. Fox reprise Marty McFly? Sure! Would I have loved to hear Bill Farmer and Nick Jameson reprise Sam and Max? Heck yeah! Did it stop me from enjoying those games? Not even a little bit.

Do I think I can enjoy hearing Ash banter with Brock Samson, EVEN if it's not Bruce as Ash? Yeah. I'll get over it. Am I going to get my $5 out of this purchase? Yes I will.

They got everyone else's actor to reprise their roles, so its a bit strange.

Also, a $5 dollar poker game thats primary selling point being characters brought together that you'd never think would, and seeing how they'd interact during a game of poker, yeah i'd say the voice is pretty important.

• I should probably rewatch the first two The Evil Dead movies as I found them rather comedic back when I first saw them. I somehow even managed to miss the fact that the main character is the same as in a third movie as I assumed everyone tried in first and second.

I thought third movie just mostly did ride by original two's name because of their success.

Anyway, it is different thing to change voice actor when that character's look is based on the actual actor. So I can see why people dislike that the voice actor is not authentic.

• @SN202 said:
    Because it is a big deal.

It isn't and you can't disregard the musical since it's shows that it's not always Bruce as Ash.

@SN202 said: It's a voice in a $5 poker game. No it isn't. :^)

Would I have loved to hear Michael J. Fox reprise Marty McFly? Sure! Would I have loved to hear Bill Farmer and Nick Jameson reprise Sam and Max? Heck yeah! Did it stop me from enjoying those games? Not even a little bit.

Do I think I can enjoy hearing Ash banter with Brock Samson, EVEN if it's not Bruce as Ash? Yeah. I'll get over it. Am I going to get my $5 out of this purchase? Yes I will.

This guy gets it.

Speaking of Marty McFly, he has had other voice actors besides Michael J. Fox. They guy the got to voice Marty in TellTales's Back to the Future game did a great job.

• Honestly the impersonator sounds close enough for my ears to accept him as Ash. Yeah I watched Army of Darkness and yeah I like Bruce Campbell. But I can accept Ash Williams being played by someone else.

As long as he's funny, I'm okay with it.

• Curious how many of these arguments would be made if it were GLaDOS that got a different VA...

I have no knowledge of the Evil Dead franchise, so I don't really care about Bruce Campbell, but I'd be furious if GLaDOS was a different VA.

• Which is why just disregarding something like this as being "oh it happens all the time, get over it" is a dumb thing to do.

• @SN202 said: Which is why just disregarding something like this as being "oh it happens all the time, get over it" is a dumb thing to do.

Yeah, it is, isn't it? I can't even count the number of times I've been told that...

• Honestly, I though it would bug me - it did in the trailer - but in the actual game, the voice is so close I don't even notice it anymore.

• Hey guys, maybe they can get Bruce at a later date and update? Just like they did with LeChuck in ToMI and the first episode..?

Add Comment