User Avatar Image

Would you kill Vernon?

posted by HarjKS on - last edited - Viewed by 581 users

If in Season 2 you had the choice whether or not to murder Vernon would you do it?

I would as he decided not to tell the group about the horde (indirectly causing Ben, Kenny, Lee's and possibly Christa, Omids and Mollys deaths). He stole the boat, and he was just a d*** in general even considering to kill Lee when they had just met.

But would you kill him or let him live?

87 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I hate Vernon, but let's imagine that I play as the new main hero, who was not familiar with Vernon, and I did not know what he did, and as I play the role of my character, then why should I kill Vernon, if he didn't do nothing against my character?

• Because player hate is a powerful driving force?

• @zev_zev said: I hate Vernon, but let's imagine that I play as the new main hero, who was not familiar with Vernon, and I did not know what he did, and as I play the role of my character, then why should I kill Vernon, if he didn't do nothing against my character?

Good question zev_zev, and DreadMagus' answer is basically my answer. I intend to do multiple playthroughs though, so I will definitely play an in-character run where I "don't know" Vernon.

That said, if TTG is good at one thing, is it makes you question your assumptions at decisive moments, such as Larry in the meat locker or Ben in Crawford.

So who knows? I might feel sorry at the last minute and not kill Vernon and his posse.

• LOL - yeah, no kidding. I was set to kill Ben, and TTG threw me a curve. lol

Now I don't have the heart to do it.

• @double_u said: Good question zev_zev, and DreadMagus' answer is basically my answer. I intend to do multiple playthroughs though, so I will definitely play an in-character run where I "don't know" Vernon.

That said, if TTG is good at one thing, is it makes you question your assumptions at decisive moments, such as Larry in the meat locker or Ben in Crawford.

So who knows? I might feel sorry at the last minute and not kill Vernon and his posse.

It's the same situation as with Lilly. The most people want to kill her, if they meet her again, and here is another question, you play the role of your character, or you are you? If you are not immersed in the atmosphere of the game entirely, it means that you are you, and you want to kill Vernon, or Lilly. But if you play the role of your character in the game, then why you need kill them, Vernon, or Lilly't do anything against new main character ?

• What Vernon did was straght up selfish. The only thing that made him and his group different from the Save-Lots bandits was that they didn't bother to kill the people who were left to guard the boat. They KNEW that we were going to use it. That we were planning to do so in a day or two. They knowingly left a 9 year old child, her caretaker, and 2-3 other people to die in Savannah while they saved their own sick rear-ends. The fact that they didn;t even bother to tell us about the herd coming in makes it that much worse, especially since they stole it AFTER Vernon pretended to care about Clementine.

Stealing from the station wagon is totally differnt. Hell, nobody even knew it really WAS stealing. We all thought it was abandoned, and not only that, but it was either take the supplies or slowly die of starvation.

• I would kill him but I guess it wouldn't be any different than the stranger wanting to kill us for taking the supplies to live

• Hurt him or beat him, circumstantial.

Add Comment