User Avatar Image

Steam Sale Spotlight

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 36.2K users

Hereupon exists a place to discuss current Steam Spotlight deals and your opinion of the games' value and/or the sale price.

4.9K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Alcoremortis said: Well, that's only part of the problem.

The main part of the problem... is that the computer doesn't work. At all. The motherboard is detached from everything and that is a three hundred dollar repair job for a five year old computer. And even then, the information on that computer may not be intact and I might just be resurrecting it for a clean wipe.

@Alcoremortis said: It's not about ressurecting the computer, it's about ripping the hard drive out and using a cheap adapter to hook the drive up to another, working computer as an external drive.

What LuigiHann said.

What you need is to recover your data from the hard drive. This does not require the computer it is in to work. If the hard drive alone still functions, you can take it out of your broken computer, put it into a HDD enclosure (which is essentially a case with a USB plug), plug said enclosure into a working computer and access the files.

Whether or not the motherboard is shot may have no bearing on whether the hard drive works, and removing the hard drive from a laptop is as easy as unscrewing a plastic cover and unplugging the drive from a couple of cables.

• Well, technically, I already did that when I bought my new computer, everything got transported over, because the Apple people have a quick and easy hard drive copier thing where they pop both hard drives into this thing that looks like a toaster (and maybe... it is). So I should have all the information somewhere on my computer. I just don't know where.

Even if I did, the save games were on my PC partition, which is now inaccessible since I don't exactly have one anymore. Even if I could find out where they went, I don't know if I could open them as a text file or something and somehow transfer them to my PC.

And all of this is assuming that I didn't just delete them all when I was frustrated over how small my partition was. Which I might have done because I was deleting a lot of things. Deleted all my Witcher save files.

• Oh, it's an Apple laptop...

bah.

@Alcoremortis said: Well, technically, I already did that when I bought my new computer, everything got transported over, because the Apple people have a quick and easy hard drive copier

Great, so you do have them.

Even if I did, the save games were on my PC partition, which is now inaccessible since I don't exactly have one anymore.p

Or maybe not. Wait, what? You don't have a PC anymore, or you don't have a PC operating system for your Mac?

Even if I could find out where they went, I don't know if I could open them as a text file or something and somehow transfer them to my PC.

You shouldn't need to be able to open the files in order to copy them...

And all of this is assuming that I didn't just delete them

Oh.

=\ Oh well.

• It doesn't really matter. I don't particularly care about keeping all my detailed decisions from the previous games into a game where all those choices mean diddly.

• Oh, let's not re-open THAT can of worms.

• I never understood why people thought Mass Effects decisions mattered too actually. Ignoring the ending, the majority of the decisions effect nothing, and the ones that do tend to have a very obvious right answer that you'd be stupid not to do. Why try and decide what to do with the evidence for Talis case when a paragon/renegade action clears her name without any evidence at all?

• Today's Daily Deal is 75% off...

capsule_467x181.jpg

Still way too much for a not very good game.

• Spend that kind of money on Fez instead.
    Fez. FEZ FEZ FEZ. FEZ FEZ!

• User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED

@der_ketzer said: Spend that kind of money on Fez instead.
    Fez. FEZ FEZ FEZ. FEZ FEZ!

But remember, kids, all of your money spent on Fez goes directly into growing more pubes on one's face!

One being a drama queen attention whore, is what I forgot to mention.

• @Profanity said: But remember, kids, all of your money spent on Fez goes directly into growing more pubes on one's face!

One being a drama queen attention whore, is what I forgot to mention.

Oh please. Some goes to Steam and the coder and Disasterpiece. And then some to the Phish.
    And Phish is nothing more than a troll that really knows how to push peoples buttons.

Add Comment