User Avatar Image

TWD, AMC, Season 3... Sucked.

posted by J_Scheff on - last edited - Viewed by 593 users

Was it just me or Did season 3 suck something awful? I mean the first half was pretty cool and set it up for something sweet. The Episode Clear was one of my favorites of all time. But the finale, and Season 3 as a whole was a big let down. Nothing really happened and nothing was resolved. Not to mention the attempt to make the Governor as evil as he is in the comics was done terribly. Lots of his "evil" scenes were forced and somewhat cheesy. I am a die hard fan of TWD but just extremely disappointed.

43 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @J_Scheff said: Or how about Herschels infinite shotgun ammo?

The capacity of his shotgun is 8 shells. They just did not show recharging. I'm looking forward to the appearance of Negan in the series, I hope he will not be such as the Governor

• I don't know about you guys, but I liked it. Much better than season two. Honestly I thought it did the Prison Arc better than the comics, which was just a big ol' boring waste of time aside from the stuff with Thomas Richards and the ending (hurr let's make every other page Glenn and Maggy having sex, it'll surely keep the readers entertained!).

I liked the portrayal of the Governor much more too, much more suave and not so greasy and creepy.

• @CarScar said: I don't know about you guys, but I liked it. Much better than season two. Honestly I thought it did the Prison Arc better than the comics, which was just a big ol' boring waste of time aside from the stuff with Thomas Richards and the ending (hurr let's make every other page Glenn and Maggy having sex, it'll surely keep the readers entertained!).

I liked the portrayal of the Governor much more too, much more suave and not so greasy and creepy.

Really? That is a first, I will be honest, I would not have been upset with season 3 if they ended it right. There were a lot of things I didnt like, and a lot of pointless boring scenes where nothing, not even character development happened, but if it would have ended the way the comics had ended the prison arc, man that last episode would have made up for everything lame in season 3! Instead nothing, NOTHING, was accomplished. Bad Guy lives, Good Guys live, back to square 1.

• @J_Scheff said: Really? That is a first, I will be honest, I would not have been upset with season 3 if they ended it right. There were a lot of things I didnt like, and a lot of pointless boring scenes where nothing, not even character development happened, but if it would have ended the way the comics had ended the prison arc, man that last episode would have made up for everything lame in season 3! Instead nothing, NOTHING, was accomplished. Bad Guy lives, Good Guys live, back to square 1.

Mind you the comics were riddled with many pointless scenes as well, perhaps even more then the TV show. You don't understand how frustrating it was waiting a month for another issue only for half of the issue just being Glenn and Maggy having sex, or Carol really creepily talking about going lesbo, or Carl bitching about not having a gun. It was an extremely tedious arc that lasted forever. The ending was great, I'll give you that.

I feel the TV show was more entertaining to watch, despite the lack of progression throughout the season.

• Everyone complaining about the prison arc being a lot of slow nothing is ridiculous. The Comic Prison Arc was about a good team facing cabin fever and turning against each other. Then when they were broken, some asshole appeared and gunned them down.

The prison arc was taken out entirely and instead we just got a faceoff with a Governor that wasn't all that bad and was a political mastermind. It's a weird trade. You take out the slow burn of insanity to cut to the action quicker. But on the other side you take the guy who kicks things off with quick action ("Hi, let me cut of your arm! Har har, I'm the bad guy!") and turn his arc into a slow burn of insanity.

Here's an idea, just adapt the fucking source material. Stop taking one step away from something and putting that step somewhere else. I hate this show.

• @ZeroShoot said: I never understood the difference, but you're probably right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF21sihEgOU

Long and short, a magazine has a feed mechanism. Clips don't. Hell, I can't even think of a weapon used by a first or second-world military over the past 50 years or so that takes clips, unless it's being used in a ceremonial role. :p

• @Rommel49 said: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF21sihEgOU

Long and short, a magazine has a feed mechanism. Clips don't. Hell, I can't even think of a weapon used by a first or second-world military over the past 50 years or so that takes clips, unless it's being used in a ceremonial role. :p

Oh those are clips, the things you put in your Mosin Nagant for example, I thought it was just another word for "magazine" since everyone always uses it as if it was, so I did too.

A question there: The M1 Garand had clips as well, but it was semi-automatic, didn't it have a feed mechanism then as well?

• @ZeroShoot said: Oh those are clips, the things you put in your Mosin Nagant for example, I thought it was just another word for "magazine" since everyone always uses it as if it was, so I did too.

A question there: The M1 Garand had clips as well, but it was semi-automatic, didn't it have a feed mechanism then as well?

Clips of ammo feed into a built in magazine within the M1.

• @double_u said: Clips of ammo feed into a built in magazine within the M1.

Makes sense.

• I think the video does a pretty good job of explaining it.

The best way to think about it is that a clip in and of itself does very little. It's basically, nowadays, a piece of plastic with a bunch of bullets attached to it waiting for someone to charge the bullets into a magazine, which is spring loaded, and goes into the actual firearm.

Someone should make a YouTube parody of clip vs magazine. If I have the talent or effort, I would but I don't so I'm throwing this out there.

Say there's a big gun battle, life and death situation. One of the heroes yell: "Shit I'm out of bullets! Throw me another clip!"

The sidekick takes the instruction LITERALLY and instead of throwing a magazine, he pulls out a clip of ammo and throws it at the hero.

And the hero dies because he's frantically trying to load the bullets because this is what it would look like:

poster33090609rc9-tm.jpg

Add Comment