User Avatar Image

Why Doug Fans ?

posted by master psychic on - last edited - Viewed by 654 users

I noticed that Doug fans have a tendency to criticize people who saved Carley over Doug just because many people saved her than Doug and all of them say that the people who saved her want boobies , and that she is hot etc .
I saved Carley and i don't criticize the people who saved Doug , both of them are great characters , so why ?
Why do you Doug fans have such a grudge against Carley fans and the people who saved her ? Is it because Telltale wants us all to save him ?
Just because Telltale wants us to save him that doesn't mean everyone will do the same choice , anyone can make different choices and have different motives .
I saved Carley because she is trustworthy and she always saves Lee from danger , does that mean that I saved her because i want boobs ?
I don't want to start a flame war , i just want to understand why Doug fans are angry at Carley fans and always jump to conclusions about their motives .

35 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The problem is that IMHO people who chose Doug didn't feel rewarded for it. With Carley you have the option to tell the group about your past and all the romance thing, while Doug doesn't have an equivalent.
    And not to start a flame war, Doug felt useless while he actually did many useful things, while Carley was idle most of the time at the motel, and everyone says she is so awesome.

• @Kaserkin said: The problem is that IMHO people who chose Doug didn't feel rewarded for it. With Carley you have the option to tell the group about your past and all the romance thing, while Doug doesn't have an equivalent.
    And not to start a flame war, Doug felt useless while he actually did many useful things, while Carley was idle most of the time at the motel, and everyone says she is so awesome.

I understand but when the bandits attacked she killed 2 bandits while Doug killed one and she helped you against the walkers while Doug din't help you at all

• You know what's really sad , is that in episode 4 and 5 Doug/Carley don't get mentioned ever again unless Campman brings them up or you get Carley as an option to " Have you ever hurt someone you care about " conversation unless you treated her like shit which is unfair .
    It's as if Telltale wants us to forget about them and pretend they never existed and that they never brought so much impact on Lee like Lilly , Larry and Kenny's family

• Doug came up with an alarm system, worked on the wall, told where bandits and zombies were and fixed the RV with a hammer. Carley solves problems by shooting. It's not a bad thing, but Doug didn't get the recognition he needed for his work.

• Well, I know I didn't pick Carley "because boobs"; I've let the girl die in similar video game choices before.

• @Kaserkin said: Doug came up with an alarm system, worked on the wall, told where bandits and zombies were and fixed the RV with a hammer. Carley solves problems by shooting. It's not a bad thing, but Doug didn't get the recognition he needed for his work.

Heh, good times. That was hilarious to watch.

Doug's dilemma is that his skills don't have many chances to be used because most of what he can do requires all kinds of supplies that the group just doesn't have. He even explicitly states this himself in episode 2 or 3.

• To be fair I think the number of 'bitter' Doug fans is very small...
    There is probably the same proportion of Doug Fans that fit your stereotype as Carley Fans who fit their's...

• @double_u said: In addition to what Mornai said, we also need to keep in mind that Carley is one of the few people that consistently backs up Lee without requiring you to agree with everything. Depending on how you play the game, Kenny might just end up being your enemy/frienemy. Ben is just not well liked by a lot of people. Katjaa and Duck's passings were very sad, but at the same time they don't really have much of a relationship build up with Lee. Carley knew Lee's secret and kept it secret. Trust is pretty big commodity.

I think the biggest impact of Carley after episode 3 was the lack of trust and confidence I felt towards other characters. Christa, Omid, Chuck were newcomers. Kenny either hates you and/or was in totally depressed state. Ben is a traitor and an imbecile. Molly was too mercenary for me. Though she is a child, I even felt Clem sucker punched me with her little chats with the Stranger.

So yeah, the game definitely felt a bit lonely for me after the RV, and I'm guessing others may have felt the same way.

Pretty much. There's a certain camaraderie with Carley that you don't get with the other characters. Do something Kenny doesn't want like try to save an old fart and you're basically on his shit list until the last episode. Even if you side with him, he's not really "there", he's kinda just going through the motions. Carley was really the only character that you could really depend on.

Even the whole conversation with Clem in Episode 3 about how they're a team and need to stick together, etc. turned out to be nothing but a pipe dream on Lee's part.

• Carley has a gun. With that gun she saves Lee twice in ten minutes. Nuff said.

• oh and the doug fans can now rejoice in the fact he is in poker night 2... i won't say where or when but as long as you don't skip anything you'll see him..

Add Comment