User Avatar Image

Poker Night 3 - Fantasy Casting Thread

posted by BrianBoyko on - last edited - Viewed by 13.2K users

Howdy. Just thought there might be some interesting places to mine for characters for Poker Night 3.

For example: Farscape. You could get the licence from Channel 9, it's famous enough to be known, obscure enough that the licence is available. Scorpius, Rygel, & Chiana, I think, would make the best choice of players.

From the Valve stable, I'm thinking Dr. Kleiner.

From Adult Swim/Williams St: Nathan Explosion, Master Shake, Cheryl Tunt (from Archer), BraK.

Miscellaneous: Pearl Forrester or Tom Servo from MST3K, Dark Helmet from Spaceballs... Elvira...

and finally...

Tommy Wiseau. As himself.

170 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • What a thread for my first post. Upon playing the first and seeing the trailer for the second, I can't think of anything I'd enjoy more than playing poker against Duckman, haha.

Telltale: Kenny (TWD) or Hector
    Valve: Coach or The Scout
    [AS]: Pickles (Metalocalypse), Frylock or Zorak
    Wild Card: Duckman, Egon Spengler, Urdnot Wrex, Roman Bellic or Cpt. Malcolm Reynolds
    The Dealer: G Man or Frank West (Dead Rising)

• SD Snatcher - Snatcher (Panda costume.)

Now to characters which could actually have chance of being even mildly funny.

Portal series - GLaDOS (As Poker player)
    Monkey Island series - Guybrush Threepwood (Tales of Monkey Island)
    Borderlands 2 - Handsome Jack
    Max with Samun-Mak personality taking over at times (basically give Max a split personality.)

• Telltale Games: Theodore Dudebrough. Just Theodore Dudebrough. Dude needs to be brough[b]t back.

[b]Valve:
    I myself would actually say that even though a Left 4 Dead persona would be more fitting for a game of poker, I think a Dota 2 character would be more interesting.

Guest: There are various ideas for that. Here are a few:

George Takei
    George Takei probably is the most easiest celebrity to get for this. I mean, I can assume he would be down for some poker night.

Abraham Lincoln
    Okay, we've got two options for Abe here, one being the statue head and the other being the historical figure. I myself would go for the historical figure, but more specifically, Nice Peter's Abe. You know, as in, Epic Rap Battles of History. He's got the ultimate shout voice.

Aeris (VG Cats)
    Actually, I just like her to be in a game like this one. Also, she'd be a very agressive player, although with the same intelligence as Tycho I assume.

Impossibear (Bravest Warriors)
    I think if we're going for a licensed IP to get featured, Bravest Warriors might be a fairly cheap yet still popular one.

Shaggy Rogers
    Okay, so, if we have more money to spend, why not do a franchise that everybody should know? Like Scooby-Doo. But let's not put Scooby behind the table, but rather Shaggy.

The Queen of Blades
    By now it shouldn't be much of a spoiler anymore. Sarah Kerrigan is no more. Having said that, why not Jim Raynor? Because he's a douche, that's why. And no, I will never take it back. NEVAH!!!

Joe Zombie
    Joe Zombie is kind of legendary in the Stickdeath community. Seriously, before Rob DenBleyker was one of the comic artists for Explosm's Cyanide & Happiness, he made Stickdeath animations. We're still waiting for Joe Zombie 6, the final episode.

Morgan Freeman
    Just get him.

Rosangela Blackwell
    Okay, so, I really love the Blackwell series, so, can we get Rosangela Blackwell in a future Poker Night game? Please?

Buffy Summers
    Okay, so, why not? In fact, if there were to ever be a Poker Night with ladies only, she would definitely need to be in.

Platform specific guest characters
    This one would probably be the hardest out of all, because that would require you to record aproximately three times the amount of dialogue, four times if Nintendo gets one, and five times if Linux gets one as well. But, it would be a sweet ride to go that way. Here are some ideas:

XBox - Master Chief: I mean, come on, who else would fill in the Microsof chair?

PlayStation - Nathan Drake: I'd totally see him play a game of poker here.

PC - Clippy: Nobody is more iconic than Clippy, and, have him voiced by Gilbert Gottfried while we're at it. Or, just have him be completely mute.

Mac - Macintosh: I actually have no idea about a Mac equivalent, so, why not just a Macintosh?

Linux - Tux: As Tux is mostly a mute character, this would simplify recording lines for Tux.

Nintendo - Non-Specific Action Figure: Okay, why pick a non-specific action figure over the likes of, say, Captain Falcon? Easy, because he's non-specific. That and there are nearly no other Nintendo characters who could possibly play poker.

• I'd vote for somebody from "Futurama" (Bender is probably too obvious a choice, so let's go for Zoidberg instead)... and if Roy Skelton was still with us, I think Zippy and George from "Rainbow" would have been great!

• With Valve I'd like to see:
    Barney
    Playing poker like a boss, chatting about black mesa and vents.

Ellis or Nick
    Self explanatory

Gordon Freeman
    I'm pretty sure he has a lot to say

From Telltale:

Guybrush
    Just do it!!!!!

From comics or cartoons ect.

Aeris (VG cats)
    Like Gary said, Aeris (or Leo) would be epic.

Gabe (penny Arcade)
    We already had Tycho, how about Gabe.

Other:

Sheldon (Big Bang Theory)
    How can this NOT work :)

Daxer (Jak and Daxter)
    Even tough he is a character only know on playstation consoles he is still awesome and I think he would be hilarious at poker.

• I dream of a day where I'll see Dr. Krieger in a video game: http://youtu.be/rUFmeZqUO5I

• Archer, Homestar, Jack Donaghy, Bender.

Easy pick.

• @GaryCXJk said: Rosangela Blackwell
    Okay, so, I really love the Blackwell series, so, can we get Rosangela Blackwell in a future Poker Night game? Please?

That would be awesome, but don't you think Joey would be a better fit for this game? Rosa's a little too anti-social.

On that note, I'd like to see:
    Joey Mallone (Blackwell Saga)
    Bosco (Sam & Max)
    Mordin Solus (Mass Effect 2)
    And I agree with everyone else that Sterling Archer has got to be in this series sometime.

I'd also like to see Nathan Drake. Because how has Nolan North not been in this already?

• Except, you know, Joey has no hands. At least no physical hands.

And yes, that DOES stop you from handling cards.

• @gameaddictwn said:
    Gordon Freeman
    I'm pretty sure he has a lot to say

Only if it's Ross Scott.

Add Comment