User Avatar Image

Poker Night 3 - Fantasy Casting Thread

posted by BrianBoyko on - last edited - Viewed by 8.6K users

Howdy. Just thought there might be some interesting places to mine for characters for Poker Night 3.

For example: Farscape. You could get the licence from Channel 9, it's famous enough to be known, obscure enough that the licence is available. Scorpius, Rygel, & Chiana, I think, would make the best choice of players.

From the Valve stable, I'm thinking Dr. Kleiner.

From Adult Swim/Williams St: Nathan Explosion, Master Shake, Cheryl Tunt (from Archer), BraK.

Miscellaneous: Pearl Forrester or Tom Servo from MST3K, Dark Helmet from Spaceballs... Elvira...

and finally...

Tommy Wiseau. As himself.

156 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The Nostalgia Critic (The Nostalgia Critic)
    Darth Vader (Star Wars)
    Archer (Fate/Stay Night)
    Demoman (Team Fortress 2)

Because why the hell naht. Besides, well, licensing problems. Hey it's a wish list. And several other good options were listed already.

• @GaryCXJk said: Except, you know, Joey has no hands. At least no physical hands.

And yes, that DOES stop you from handling cards.

Point.

• Let's have a silly list.

Sachiko Shinozaki from Corpse Party series.
    L from Death Note series.
    Luffy from One Piece series.
    Gintoki from Gintama series.

• A few more ideas:

Daniel D'Arby (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) - This wouldn't end well, particularly with poker involved. Maybe he should be the dealer instead, and even then it won't end well.
    Garrett (Thief) - If we can have him as snarky as he was in the Stephen Russell days, that would be a plus for the table.
    Jeeves (Jeeves and Wooster) - Now if only we can have Stephen Fry for this...
    Dave Lister (Red Dwarf) - I figured this would be a good fit.

• Even though this will never happen...

Cole from Gears of War (every time he wins a big pot, he does his trademark "WOO! Cole Train!")

Ralph from Wreck-it Ralph

Vector from the Sonic franchise (because he's got nothing else better to do)

Tony Chu from Chew (especially if the "Buy them drinks" feature sticks around)

with The VooDoo Lady from Monkey Island as The Dealer

• Any combo of the following.

Guybrush
    Leisure Suit Larry
    Manny Calavera
    Roger Wilco
    Nelson Tethers
    Winslow
    Oscar Morales
    Willy Beamish.. YEAH THATS RIGHT!!! WILLY BEAMISH lol
    Marty McFly
    Gabriel Knight
    Murray the Demonic Skull
    Bosco

• Here are some other ideas.

Telltale Games: *Perhaps* Momma Bosco as one of the players.

Valve: Have miss Pauling be the host or the Administrator be the dealer, and / or Alyx Vance as a player.

Other:

Well, aside from having Aeris (VG Cats), the Queen of Blades (Starcraft), Buffy Summers (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) or Rosangela Blackwell (Blackwell series) as possible contenders, we could also pick any of the following:

Zone-Tan
    Basically Zone-Sama's mascot, and an excuse to use the voice of Caxx.

Harley Quinn
    I mean, sure, why not? I mean, she's popular, right?

Turanga Leela
    I mean, people do want to have Futurama be tackled by Telltale Games, so why not her?

So, with that said, I might want to go through the play style of each character.

Momma Bosco
    I have to be honest, I have no idea how this character actually is, but I would say she's the intelligent type with probably a bit too much confidence in her own skills, taking more risks the further the game goes.

Alyx Vance
    Being the daughter of a physicist, she probably is pretty smart and cunning, although one might assume she also knows how and when to bluff.

Aeris
    Despite being of reasonable intelligence, she also is a typical gamer, and frequently loses her shit, so the agressive approach would surely fit her.

The Queen of Blades
    As she's the leader of the Swarm, she surely must possess some tactical skills, but because she's also mostly a Zerg, agression is always the best approach, so one might think that she might be calculated, but when she thinks she can play agressive, she will.

Buffy Summers
    One would assume she would only join in on the poker fun to wind down, so she pretty much has a laid-back attitude, making it for the player to easily get some chips out of her. She's not a fool though, so it won't be easy to trick her into going all-in.

Rosangela Blackwell
    Being a social recluse has its advantage, and even though she has Joey, she never uses it, as she does have standards. Therefore she is pretty insecure about her play, and will often quickly fold if she suspects others have better hands.

Zone-Tan
    Okay, I've never actually seen any of her animations yet, mostly due to the fact that most of Zone-Sama's stuff is both arrousing and fucking funny at the same time, giving you awkward boners. So, it might be she's a loose cannon, mixed with a bit of bluffing.

Harley Quinn
    There actually are a lot of interpretations of her, but I guess she's mostly a bluffer, her being a psychiatrist and all, with parts of agression in it.

Turanga Leela
    For the record, just because she's the captain of the ship doesn't mean she's the most intelligent person on the crew. I mean, she's no fool, but she's not a rocket scientist either. The one who is is a nutjob. I do think an agressive approach would work best with her, but also a tactical approach. Basically, she's a mix between a bluffer, an agressor and a tactician. Basically she's trying to get as many chips from you without you realizing you've just fallen into her trap.

I also hope it would be a strip poker game with these characters, but that's just wishful thinking.

• @Irishmile said:
    Willy Beamish.. YEAH THATS RIGHT!!! WILLY BEAMISH lol

Is he even old enough to gamble? Racing frogs is one thing, but Texas Hold 'em?

• I posted most of this somewhere else, but...

Norman Bates (preferably more classic and not from the Bates Motel TV series)
    Sailor Moon (cel-shaded)
    Freddy Krueger
    Schindler (yes, from Schindler's List; my brother's random choice)

And for the dealer, how about something totally off the wall? The Crypt Keeper.
    "Kehehehehe! That was a BOOtiful hand!"

With a special cameo by Clippy (old Microsoft Word).

• Guybrush would be great.

"That's the second biggest raise I've ever seen!"

Add Comment