941 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

Nope, that should be everywhere.

• @tbm1986 said: It just says coming soon in my Steam. Is 26th release exclusive to the US?

It is still the 25th here in the US, so that is why it isn't out right now on steam :p

• @Gman5852 said: It is still the 25th here in the US, so that is why it isn't out right now on steam :p

I know that but I'm not a frequent user of Steam, so don't know if it splits according to localisation like the online console gamestores do. I was hoping that I'd see a date rather than 'coming soon', which sounds either uncertain or lazy.

Edit: Thanks, Puzzlebox!

So when do they update? Midnight PST? 9am PST? When they feel like it? Hopefully it'll be out by 6pm BST.

• @tbm1986 said: I know that but I'm not a frequent user of Steam, so don't know if it splits according to localisation like the online console gamestores do. I was hoping that I'd see a date rather than 'coming soon', which sounds either uncertain or lazy.

Also, assuming Steam is Steam worldwide, when do they update? Midnight PST? 9am PST? When they feel like it? Hopefully it'll be out by 6pm BST.

I don't know much on time zones, but I think it'd be 6PM BST exactly.(steam usually updates at 1:00PM EST which I think is 6 PM BST) Of course this is assuming that is when the game comes out.

• According to the store page, "This game will unlock in approximately 21 hours." So that would put it around 2:00 PM EST.

• Woo! Thanks, guys. Hopefully they will have anticipated the amount of immediate downloads when it goes live.

• @Jake said: In that way, the "real" story, the heart of the story, feels to me like it belongs to Sam. And that's pretty cool.

That's what I was getting at, but I don't think I put it anywhere near so eloquently :D

@Jake said: The shitty part is that everyone is bending over for Microsoft.

QFT

I really can't see why people would be acquiescing if it were a "Give us launch exclusivity or you can't get on our console" thing. If a couple of developers publicly announced that they were dropping xbox support because it would prevent them from treating all gamers on supported platforms equally, I can't imagine that ending well for Microsoft.

It's only a sustainable stance so long as nobody calls them out on it.

• I still can't believe that there's such a fuss over two days of exclusivity.

• @Cheeseness said: I really can't see why people would be acquiescing if it were a "Give us launch exclusivity or you can't get on our console" thing. If a couple of developers publicly announced that they were dropping xbox support because it would prevent them from treating all gamers on supported platforms equally, I can't imagine that ending well for Microsoft.

It's only a sustainable stance so long as nobody calls them out on it.

Well, if the next XBox is revealed to actually have most of the rumored features that they are rumored to have, I doubt they will be keeping the tight grip they seem to have for much longer

@Cheeseness said: I still can't believe that there's such a fuss over two days of exclusivity.

I mainly gripe about it because said 2 days of exclusivity caused me to wait 3 days longer than they initially targeted it for on the Steam Store Page for something I have been wanting rather fervently for ever since the TF2 Items were patched in and they were found in the item schema.

• hey jen i did say 'a bit lame' ;)

he has had some some good stuff but in my games he's usually been the first one i busted out lol not heard the line about his hand yet tho.

and i don't like sams feet... they look freaky..

Add Comment